DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller Black Screen, Turns On, Battery Charged

mcassellis

Reactions
Situation
  • Mavic 2 Pro, Smart Controller, and two batteries that have not been used for many months. I wasn't aware of the battery maintenance procedure so I suspect they all went into a hibernation state.
  • One battery is completely dead and won't charge on the original DJI charger
  • The other battery charged up fine
  • Smart Controller charged up fine
  • M2P powers up fine with the good battery. Solid red lights on the front, alternating red, green, and yellow blinking lights on the rear
  • After a few seconds, the rear lights change to blinking yellow
  • Power up the smart controller with one short press followed by a long press
  • Smart controller battery lights illuminate one by one then show four solid lights and a single red (pairing) light
  • After a few seconds, the red light on the smart controller changes to green, and at the same time the rear lights on the M2P change to blinking red and yellow.

At no time does anything appear on the smart controller screen/display. It remains black.

The smart controller will only power off using a short press followed by a long (reset) press of the power button. I've tried all of the reset combinations listed in the forums i.e. C1, C2, Snapshot, Power buttons etc but none of these fix the black screen/display

The M2P is recognized by the DJI Assistant 2 but the smart controller isn't.

All of this equipment has only been used a few times since purchased new - no crashes or drops.

Any ideas?

Really sorry to hear that. If still under warranty, return it to Dji for replacement, if not ???????
Last resort, a Dji repair in Eindhoven Netherlands. All I can think of, sorry again.

Leaving the SC powered on, it stays on for 5 minutes, beeps 5 times then powers off. I've tried another cable and a different Windows 10 PC and it's still not recognized.
Last night I contacted DJI support and they had me go through all of the things that I had already tried. In the end, they told me to create a case and sent it to DJI EU Authorized Service Center, Daelderweg 21,6361 HK NUTH, The Netherlands. It appears that most people who have sent their equipment in for repair are now charged duty because of BREXIT. This plus the cost of the repair might not be worth it.
It seems my options are dwindling...

Can you interact with it before it shuts down when the beeps start? It may wake up!!! (I didn't know they did that I thought they just kept beeping to show it's left on)

So here's an update. As mentioned, the other evening I contacted DJI support via chat. In the end, they told me to create a case and send it to their service center in the Netherlands. It wasn't long before I was confused by contradicting information on commercial invoices, shipping lithium batteries/radio equipment, HS codes etc. i'd pretty much given up until yesterday morning when I was both surprised and delighted to receive a prepaid shipping label and completed paperwork to send the SC to them. They even paid for pickup from my house. I read that they only prepay shipping for those who bought the DJI Care package. I'm still expecting it to be a costly repair/replacement and I am sure I will have to pay duty when they send it back to the UK but so far I'm impressed. I will keep you posted on what happens next...

I crashed one of Mini 2s. Had care refresh, sent it Holland and had a new one in my hands 5 days later. NO customs charges, Dji marked return paperwork as repair. Good luck.

Hello. Sorry for the late update. I sent my SM from the UK to DJI's service center in the Netherlands. With the prepaid DHL label and paperwork, all I had to do is print, sign and date the commercial invoices that DHL prepared and arrange a pickup using DHL's website. DJI sent me an update at every step and from start to end it took 9 days and cost me €348. Here's the breakdown of costs.

Remark
OUT OF WARRANTY: Touch Screen malfunctioned. Main Board malfunctioned.

Item List
Touch Screen - Price: 80.17
DJI Smart Controller Main Board - Price: 138.02
Repair Service Fee - Price: 50.00
Freight - 20.00
Discount - 0.00
Sub Total Payment - 288.19
VAT(at 21%) - 60.52
Grand Total Payment (EUR) - 348.71

Although I was charged for a touch screen, main board, and service, I actually received back a replacement Smart Controller. I don't know what to think of this but the controller they sent me has no signs of wear, but neither did the one I sent them. Besides being disappointed about the equipment failing after little use, having to send it overseas for repair, the cost of shipping, VAT, and the repair itself, the process of getting it repaired went smoothly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54