DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller disconnected during hyperlapse session

wxperson

Reactions
Hi,

The MP2 and Smart Controller are new to me. I had MP1 for a few years.

During a hyperlapse session the smart controller disconnected from the aircraft. This was not a case of just losing the video feed. I had no control until I restarted the SC. Luckily the AC was overhead and started a return to home. I restarted the SC and it then connected just before landing. I then manually landed safely.

I like the smart controlled but am now worried about using it. What would cause a total disconnect?

Any help/ideas would be appreciated.

Worried in Atlanta,

George

Interesting, I recently got the SC but haven't had a chance to fly with it very often, so far so good but it would be nice to know what caused your disconnection.
At least you landed OK Thumbswayup

Were there any other symptoms? Was the SC screen blank, signal strength indications, warnings, or did it go black and white? Could there have been a strong source of radio frequency interference (RFI) on 2.4 or 5.8GHz nearby?

Posting the logs here could probably get you an answer - - not from me, I'm clueless, but there are experts here that'll no doubt help.

Reactions: THE CYBORG
Were there any other symptoms? Was the SC screen blank, signal strength indications, warnings, or did it go black and white? Could there have been a strong source of radio frequency interference (RFI) on 2.4 or 5.8GHz nearby?

Posting the logs here could probably get you an answer - - not from me, I'm clueless, but there are experts here that'll no doubt help.
The AC was 200 feet overhead with full bars on signal and video. The SC was not blank... it just said AC disconnected message .

The AC was 200 feet overhead with full bars on signal and video. The SC was not blank... it just said AC disconnected message .
Your on the DJI forums right? You said your SC prompted you for an upgrade to the new firmware on the M2P right? Mine did not. Was this flight after you upgraded to the new FW?

Reactions: wxperson
Your on the DJI forums right? You said your SC prompted you for an upgrade to the new firmware on the M2P right? Mine did not. Was this flight after you upgraded to the new FW?
This did occur after the latest firmware update was applied... 06.01.0670 .

The MP2 system is new to me so I have not had a chance to try the hyperlapse before today... so I have nothing to compare to.

I have decided not to upgrade both the controller and the M2P firmware as requested. I've heard too many stories of connection/video feed problems after the fact. It happened to me and I was able to replace it (since it was still under a 10 day warranty with my vendor. As I said, I decided not to upgrade the firmware. Other experiences?

FYI... I have not had any issues with disconnects since I posted on the 7th.

No disconnects here with latest FW on SC and MPZ. Be sure your cell phone Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are off if it's in the area where you're controlling your drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada