DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller for Mavic Air 2

I discovered this today - tap the battery level icon at the top of the sc screen, and it displays time until RTH, until Forced Landing, and until Battery Depleted. The pop-up display stays on the screen and updates. Tap it to hide it. I love it!
View attachment 115040
That is cool to know! After all this time with the SC, I didn't know that! Thanks :)

I have recently purchased a Smart Controller to use with my Mavic Air2. There is a bug that I find very annoying. The aircraft position indicator (middle bottom a screen) in the Fly app now V1.1.9 (for Android) is not indicating the correct position of the aircraft, at times warning that the Mavic is behind my position when it's in right front. Perhaps most people using the SC with the Air2 don't use this position indicator and that is why I've read so little about this bug.

I've done IMU and Compass calibrations on the aircraft and SC. I have seen posts from other about this issue. Anyone here noticed this.

Last edited:
I have recently purchased a Smart Controller to use with my Mavic Air2. There is a major bug. The aircraft position indicator (middle bottom a screen) in the Fly app now V1.1.9 (for Android) is not indicating the correct position of the aircraft, at times warning that the Mavic is behind my position when it's in right front. Perhaps most people using the SC with the Air2 don't use this position indicator and that is why I've read so little about this bug.

I've done IMU and Compass calibrations on the aircraft and SC. I have seen posts from other about this issue. Anyone here noticed this.
Mentioned in several threads on the forum. Try the search function.

I discovered this today - tap the battery level icon at the top of the sc screen, and it displays time until RTH, until Forced Landing, and until Battery Depleted. The pop-up display stays on the screen and updates. Tap it to hide it. I love it!
View attachment 115040
I see in the attached image that the aircraft position indicator (bottom centre of your screen) is not indicating the correct position of the aircraft. Off by 180 degrees. This is a major bug for many of us on this forum. Do you use that indicator or have you not noticed this bug with the SC paired to a Mavic Air2?

Flown over 25 flights with SC and MA2 without any issues, over water and over rough terrain with no signal loss. Thought I would have difficulty reducing screen size from iPad mini 5 on IOS down to SC screen (Android) but the extra brightness compensates for that. I have fitted one of the SC rubber covers with the partial sunshade on it along with a lanyard and it is secure and very easy to handle.
I have also found a use for my original dji goggles by connecting them directly to the hdmi outlet on the SC to allow anyone with me (grandchildren) to watch the flight FPV.
The SC allows very quick set up and fly, no wires, no brackets, just up and away.
Claretcass, any additional info on the goggles would be appreciated, since I’m considering purchasing one, but don’t understand the difference between the various DJI units or some other 3rd part goggle. Thanks, Brian

Glad to hear that you are having 100 percent sucess with the SC combined with your MA2.

Not so for me sadly. The aircraft position indicator (middle bottom of the SC screen) in the Fly app now V1.1.9 (for SC Android) is not indicating the correct position or orientation of the aircraft, at times warning that the Mavic Air2 is behind me when it's straight in front! The aircraft direction indication is always incorrect. I prefer using my iPhone12 Pro Max with the Fly app for this reason. Many others have this same issue so my brand new SC is packed away in the box it came in.

Glad to hear that you are having 100 percent sucess with the SC combined with your MA2.

Not so for me sadly. The aircraft position indicator (middle bottom of the SC screen) in the Fly app now V1.1.9 (for SC Android) is not indicating the correct position or orientation of the aircraft, at times warning that the Mavic Air2 is behind me when it's straight in front! The aircraft direction indication is always incorrect. I prefer using my iPhone12 Pro Max with the Fly app for this reason. Many others have this same issue so my brand new SC is packed away in the box it came in.
Send it back, or at least talk with a DJI rep.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J