DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart-Controller - How to fit existing Case?

Geekser

Reactions
I have eagerly been waiting for the Smart Controller to be updated to work with the Mavic Air - Just ordered one for me today - but I wondered if anyone has a suggestion for how I can modify an existing case (one that was created originally with the Mavic Air 2 controller in mind? The space for the controller fits the MA2 controller perfectly, but it looks like there is enough room for it to be modified(cut?) to fit the Smart Controller?

Any suggestions on how to make that kind of modification to the foam which the controller will be held in ?

Also, my MA2 is relatively new with and the controller is in exceptional condition - can someone suggest a reasonable sales price I can offer it for? When the Smart Controller arrives I want to sell it for a fair price - fair to both me and the buyer?

Suggestions are appreciated.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
you can gently cut it away with a knife, you can make the blade hot to help get thru and make a cleaner cut depending on the foam

Reactions: Geekser
Also, my MA2 is relatively new with and the controller is in exceptional condition - can someone suggest a reasonable sales price I can offer it for? When the Smart Controller arrives I want to sell it for a fair price - fair to both me and the buyer?

Suggestions are appreciated.
IMHO I would hold onto the stock controller for a bit. I presume your selling it to offset the SC. Presently market is around $150 for a new controller or at least this listing and another I saw : NEW DJI Mavic Air 2 Remote Controller RC with cables and joysticks | eBay

So probably $75-$100 used..hard to say what people are willing to pay. I am a keep a spare type of guy and I want the option to use my IpadPro with Litchi and GSPro. YMMV. But if it was for a M2 I would buy it as I got a combo when I bought my M2Z W/ SC. ;)

Reactions: Geekser
IMHO I would hold onto the stock controller for a bit. I presume your selling it to offset the SC. Presently market is around $150 for a new controller or at least this listing and another I saw : NEW DJI Mavic Air 2 Remote Controller RC with cables and joysticks | eBay

So probably $75-$100 used..hard to say what people are willing to pay. I am a keep a spare type of guy and I want the option to use my IpadPro with Litchi and GSPro. YMMV. But if it was for a M2 I would buy it as I got a combo when I bought my M2Z W/ SC. ;)
Thanks for the input - good advise about holding on to it - might not be a bad idea - I do like using my tablet from time to time - the amount I can get from selling it isn't going to save me that much from the Smart Controllers price. But things add up I guess.

Anyway - thanks again - really appreciate the input from you and all of the others wwho offered advise for when I cut the foam in my case.

Reactions: Scubadiver1944
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22