DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller & Mavic 3 are not compatible

Can't say I buy that argument. The original SC was not bundled. It was offered as an upgrade to the M2 controller and the main feature was, indeed, screen brightness. It also conveniently eliminated the need for a smart phone or tablet (a big deal for me) even though buying a dedicated phone or tablet would have been cheaper. The current issue is not whether it needed upgrading but rather why does it cost an extra $1200 to do so, i.e., why do you have to pay $1200 to upgrade a $700 (or so) existing SC. I'm sticking to my opinion that there is not enough value in that cost, especially in light of the great profusion of cheaper and extremely sophisticated electronic developments.

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
Another "out there" question. Any chance someone out there would know if the older Crystal Sky monitor could function as the display on the Mavic 3 RC-N1? I don't have the M3 yet, so I can't try it out. Would be great if it would work, so great, as a matter of act, that it probably won't!
Short answer is no,

The M3 users the Fly App which won’t install on the Crystal Sky monitor, it returns a parsing error when you try to load the APK.

Can't say I buy that argument. The original SC was not bundled. It was offered as an upgrade to the M2 controller

That's not true. I bought the Controller with a Mavic Pro when it came out. No M2 controller. I still feel DJI is treating its customers like Apple does with its chargers. I was pretty salty about having to buy a new controller.
ScreenShot_2021-12-01_20.53.25.png

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
I have spoke to this problem when it came out and was told no one put gun to my head to buy it obviously true but as a novice pilot and using this forum as guidance I still feel like the smart controller I bought should have been advertised as it will only work with current applications which is great but when they upgrade and I get a upgrade notice on my SC saying to upgrade software to 3 and does not work I still say it is all about the money to them not customer service and support to all

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada