DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller Mavic Air 2 Zoom function?

Yes, one wheel is for the gimbal, the other for zoom! This means that you can move the gimbal AND zoom at the same time!

Not my video but take a look at this. It convinced me that I needed a Smart Controller after watching it. Mine will be here Sunday and I can't wait!!

Reactions: zeusfl
Yes you can. Another Smart Controller sale !!!
DJI did so good making the MA2 compatible. Sadly is tricky to install.

Yes, one wheel is for the gimbal, the other for zoom! This means that you can move the gimbal AND zoom at the same time!

Not my video but take a look at this. It convinced me that I needed a Smart Controller after watching it. Mine will be here Sunday and I can't wait!!

Ok I somehow managed to miss that second wheel. Maybe due to that muscle memory from the stock MA2 controller ?

Reactions: zeusfl

You will love it! I just got mine yesterday. But be patient upgrading the software. Like everyone says, it can be a ***** unless you get lucky. You have to use DJI Assistant 2, and make sure you have the latest version. But even then, it took me hours to finally get it done. My problem was that the controller would shut off in the middle of the upgrade. DJI needs to get the bugs out of this...

You will love it! I just got mine yesterday. But be patient upgrading the software. Like everyone says, it can be a ***** unless you get lucky. You have to use DJI Assistant 2, and make sure you have the latest version. But even then, it took me hours to finally get it done. My problem was that the controller would shut off in the middle of the upgrade. DJI needs to get the bugs out of this...
I am very happy with the Smart Controller purchase. I can now get my MA2 up in the air in record time!.

I believe MA2 does provide zoom in 4K, but only in the one 4k mode. Billy Kyle even commented on his first review how it could be lossless where DJI remained him the camera has greater resolution than 4K.

Hello All, first post for me.
Try as I might I cannot figure out the zoom function for my MA2 with the SC.
The right Camera Settings Wheel, when set to video / 4K Zoom, adjusts the zoom just fine. But when it’s switched over to camera mode, it doesn’t. The funny thing is it was working on my first flight, but now it doesn’t. Did I develop a software glitch? Or am I missing something. The manual doesn’t say much about it.

Hello All, first post for me.
Try as I might I cannot figure out the zoom function for my MA2 with the SC.
The right Camera Settings Wheel, when set to video / 4K Zoom, adjusts the zoom just fine. But when it’s switched over to camera mode, it doesn’t. The funny thing is it was working on my first flight, but now it doesn’t. Did I develop a software glitch? Or am I missing something. The manual doesn’t say much about it.
It only works for video

Reactions: pelagic_one
I too have a Mavic Air 2 with Smart Controller but have not been able to use ZOOM function. This is the screen I see. Will not progress from here to show other choices.

I can move gimbal with my finger but that's it. Running update v01.01.0040. Talked to DJI support but all they can suggest is to reset controller and reload updates. Can anyone help?

IMG_2757.JPG

I too have a Mavic Air 2 with Smart Controller but have not been able to use ZOOM function. This is the screen I see. Will not progress from here to show other choices.

I can move gimbal with my finger but that's it. Running update v01.01.0040. Talked to DJI support but all they can suggest is to reset controller and reload updates. Can anyone help?

View attachment 129280

Try tapping the middle resolution / FPS tab in the lower left hand corner for zoom options.

The zoom may not work at 1080p / 120 fps. ?

I don't have the Smart Controller, but that's where the zoom function moved to after a recent update on my MA2.

Zoom only works for video .4k with no hdr 2x down to 1080p 4x. Shame you can't zoom in photo mode

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato