DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller not seeing SD card after latest update

Zero issues with the sd card. But I'm sure the Smart Controller for the mavic 2 will come out the winner when all issues are ironed out. Now, how about USC (Universal Smart Controller). Design this controller to accept all DJI drones and have a ABCDE switch. You now can assign up to 5 dji drones . Want to fly the Mavic 2, switch it to A. Want to fly the Mavic Air, switch to B and so on.

Zero issues with the sd card. But I'm sure the Smart Controller for the mavic 2 will come out the winner when all issues are ironed out. Now, how about USC (Universal Smart Controller). Design this controller to accept all DJI drones and have a ABCDE switch. You now can assign up to 5 dji drones . Want to fly the Mavic 2, switch it to A. Want to fly the Mavic Air, switch to B and so on.
DJI will wait for a couple months and then they’ll come out with that version. That’s another reason I didn’t buy the Smart Controller. When/if they do I would be interested in something like that but not for the Smart Controller!! It’s too specific to just one aircraft.

I hear you but the new SRC appears to be Occusync 2 only.

Me? I’m waiting for Air 2/Spark 2 which I bet will be compatible with the SRC when they are released! [emoji4]

-=Glyn=-

Imagine if DJI came out with the Smart Controller when we had just the Mavic Pro, and they bought the SRC just for that. Now a bunch of people put their Mavic Pros up for sale. Now what do they do with the smart controller? Can't keep it, for what? So, why make a controller that cost $650.00 and could only be used on a specific drone model?

Reactions: Inspirephil
I hear you but the new SRC appears to be Occusync 2 only.

Me? I’m waiting for Air 2/Spark 2 which I bet will be compatible with the SRC when they are released! [emoji4]

-=Glyn=-
I hear you on that, but with today's technology I'm sure it could be made to work with several models..Then it should cost 650....

Reactions: Inspirephil
V01.00.0350 firmware was installed this morning. The new firmware caused another issue. Cache did not record to SD card. This is caused by the SD card not showing up in file manager. If the card is manually ejected and reinserted while the SC is on the SD card will work until the SC is turned off. Once you turn the SC back on the file manager will not see the SD card and will not record to it. Only way for the card to be seen by the SC is to reinsert the card while the SC is on. The SC will not see the card again after power up. Anyone else have this issue?

V01.00.0360 New update seems to fix SD CARD not recognized after restarting....[emoji50]

Did you format the card in the SC? That is the only obvious problem I can think of. Also have you tried other memory cards to rule that out?
Hi, how do you format the SD card in the SC? Are you referring to the dialog where it prompts you to select Internal or Portable storage?

Hi, how do you format the SD card in the SC? Are you referring to the dialog where it prompts you to select Internal or Portable storage?

Open the app, on the bottom of the aircraft status page is a dialog that allows you to format the SD card and internal storage. My SD card is working now with the .360 update!

Ver .360 released for SRC to fix SD card issue.

Open the app, on the bottom of the aircraft status page is a dialog that allows you to format the SD card and internal storage. My SD card is working now with the .360 update!
Thank you, but as I currently understand, that formats the internal storage or SD card in the aircraft. I am wondering how to format the SD card I have installed in the top of the smart controller.

Reactions: Funnone
Thank you, but as I currently understand, that formats the internal storage or SD card in the aircraft. I am wondering how to format the SD card I have installed in the top of the smart controller.
get it out and format it on the PC. or, you can try to get to it via settings - storage - sd card menu. should have a format option in it.

My SD card isn't recognized either. I'll try via the settings as you suggested.
one possible trick is to format card on your computer with an ntfs. upon inserting into android it is not going to like it and will offer to reformat it. in either scenario - mount it as an external storage only.

I would like to know how format the SD card also in the SRC. could not find a option in settings/storage on the SRC.

I just switched cards from the drone to the controller and all of a sudden, it saw it. Both were high-end cards.

I am so glad to read the good news for all SRC owners that the SD card issue is resolved. Now go have fun, or make money off your new investment.... GL everyone........

Reactions: HoverGuy
New smart controller firmware release today 02/01/19. 100.360. Uploading now on assistant 2

I downloaded/installed mine solely from the SRC itself.

Worked perfectly!

Now all I need is for the SRC to update the aircraft instead of getting the false not connected error message and failing.

-=Glyn=-

Reactions: HoverGuy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki