DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller observations

Roamer105

Reactions
Today I had a chance to actually push using the SC a little together with the RE Goggles. Some of you probably noticed a lot of complaints about the RE Goggles with the M2 series limiting distance and overall having erratic connection issues. To my surprise, using the SC in place of the original controller seems to solve this lingering problem. I flew out nearly 3 miles with absolutely no issues on either the Goggles nor the controller.

On a second flight in the mountains where I flew into complete communication loss (behind a mountain) I noticed that the SC (and Goggles) behaved perfectly recovering just as soon as the drone got back into range. This did not work well with the standard controller. Overall, it feels that the Smart Controller has and maintains a more reliable, stronger connection.

Very happy with it so far!

Thats great news.

Did you have to do any updates once you recieved your SRC? If you dont mind could u post what fw your running, for comparison sake?

Im getting one soon and this was going to be one of my main hopes in its use (better RE function).

Thx for posting!

Thats great news.

Did you have to do any updates once you recieved your SRC? If you dont mind could u post what fw your running, for comparison sake?

Im getting one soon and this was going to be one of my main hopes in its use (better RE function).

Thx for posting!

The latest (as of this writing) on all components. I believe it is the .360 version on the SRC.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zacf