DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller or Mini 2?

What is your goal? I have a MA2, the only reason I want a smart controller is for the HDMI out though but not willing to pay 700 for it.
Thanks for your reply, and a good question.
I would like to have more than one drone but I also want to be able to use my phone when flying. I have been interrupted a few times on my phine while flying. $749 is a lot of cash for one device.

Thanks.

Get the SC.
I have been happier with my SC and my CS than I ever was with my phone. You already have a great drone.
Thanks for replying, I asked about the SC on another thread and got mostly positive responses, so I got the cash but then the Mini 2 came out. I have been having trouble getting my hands on a SC. The Best Buy near me is always sold out, I don't like using a credit card to buy stuff on line.
I can see advantages to the SC, that's where I'm leaning if I can get one.
Thanks again.

I have the SC for my MA2 and it's awesome! I tried to get it from a web site called "Device Monster" (avoid them!) because the price was good. I waited a week then messaged them to see when it would be posted as it still showed "processing". They told me there was a problem with their supplier and would i mind waiting a few more days till they tried to sort it! I was fuming! I told them "NO forget it!" and i wanted a refund ASAP! I then went to the DJI store and ordered it and it was delivered the next day, it was the newest model that did all upgrades over wifi. I'm sure it was £40 extra but well worth it. I would highly recommend just going to DJI.

I have the MA2 and I recently dug up some money in the back yard so I am trying to decide whether to buy the DJI Smart Controller or get the DJI Mini 2 (fly more package).
Please give me your input!

Thanks!
I purchased the SC last week and I am returning it today. I lost a lot of range compared to my stock controller. I live in a rural area with a lot of lakes that I like to fly over and photograph. I was also looking to wear goggles and use the hdmi port on the SC. It worked good with my Eachine EV200D goggles but I did'nt like the cable hanging off my goggles.

I will say, go for the Smart Controller. The range is exactly the same as the original controller. Most people make the mistake of pointing wrong the antennas. The smart controller needs to point the flat surface to the drone, in other words, point the tip of the antennas to the ground is the best position for better reception, unless your drone is right on top of you, then you need to point the tip forward.

Reactions: THE CYBORG
I have the SC for my MA2 and it's awesome! I tried to get it from a web site called "Device Monster" (avoid them!) because the price was good. I waited a week then messaged them to see when it would be posted as it still showed "processing". They told me there was a problem with their supplier and would i mind waiting a few more days till they tried to sort it! I was fuming! I told them "NO forget it!" and i wanted a refund ASAP! I then went to the DJI store and ordered it and it was delivered the next day, it was the newest model that did all upgrades over wifi. I'm sure it was £40 extra but well worth it. I would highly recommend just going to DJI.
Interesting experience, some of these small companies don't get the best attention from their suppliers, and they promise more than they can deliver. I'm glad it worked out for you!

Reactions: Terry777
I will say, go for the Smart Controller. The range is exactly the same as the original controller. Most people make the mistake of pointing wrong the antennas. The smart controller needs to point the flat surface to the drone, in other words, point the tip of the antennas to the ground is the best position for better reception, unless your drone is right on top of you, then you need to point the tip forward.
Thanks for replying, I've seen YouTube videos about the SC and they mention the proper direction to get the best connection.
I've decided to buy the SC!
Thanks for your input!

Reactions: zeusfl
I did a lot of research on pro’s/con’s of the Smart Controller (SC) before opting to get one as part of a package deal with my Mavic Air 2 Pro. My key reasons: Battery life will easily get you through 3-4 20-minute Drone flying sessions, no interruptions from a phone call, reliable GPS connection, and a few others. Tip: For firmware upgrades, download DJI Assistant 2 to your PC and start it up. Then, just connect your SC to your PC for the download....much easier. While DJI is very skilled at advertising and sales, I’ve found DJI them to be unresponsive if you contact them with tech issues. Back on point: I’m glad I bought the SC. I think you will, too.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka