DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart controller or phone/tablet controller for mobile traveler?

lomposlapos

Reactions
I am having a real hard time to decide which controller option is more practical and productive for weight and volume conscious travel (backpacking)?

Smart controller or the original controller with an Android phone/tablet? In the latter case, the phone/table would be solely dedicated for DJI, not for any other use.

(Mavic 2 Pro.)

I am having a real hard time to decide which controller option is more practical and productive for weight and volume conscious travel (backpacking)?

Smart controller or the original controller with an Android phone/tablet? In the latter case, the phone/table would be solely dedicated for DJI, not for any other use.

(Mavic 2 Pro.)
Well, one less battery/device to charge. No extra cables to drag along and depending on the tablet, no extra mounting bracket. SC works well in sunny conditions. My initial inclination was that the tablet could serve another purpose but you have ruled that out.

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
It's down to what screen size you are after. For small screen either is fine but larger you'll need the standard RC unless you want a more sophisticated setup with HDMI out etc

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada