DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller Switching From Air2S to Mavic 2

Parkerjh

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I have three drones, a pair of Mavic 2's and Air2S.

I often have a difficult time switching from Air2s to Mavic 2 or vice-versa.

I try using "Switch Aircraft", I try using "Aircraft Management" from Settings, I try switching apps first, I try re-linking but it almost always is a long, frustrating process.
Sometimes I reboot the controller several times, and the drone, and try everything again, and in different orders and nothing seems to work......until it does.

I can't figure out the rhyme or reason of why it works sometimes and why it doesn't.

What is the proper way of switching between drones with Smart Controller?

I called DJI and they of course, as usual, were almost completely useless.

Last edited:
This is an known issue. My trick is instead to switch, Just add the aircraft and new aircraft in Aircraft Management. Press the bind bottom in the aircraft (For Mavic 2 Pro) or turn on the Air 2S and press the battery for 4 seconds, before add. Is the fastest way. I know is annoying but it is what it is.

Reactions: KLRSKIR
This is an known issue. My trick is instead to switch, Just add the aircraft and new aircraft in Aircraft Management. Press the bind bottom in the aircraft (For Mavic 2 Pro) or turn on the Air 2S and press the battery for 4 seconds, before add. Is the fastest way. I know is annoying but it is what it is.

Ah, yes, I don't know why I didn't always just resort to adding new aircraft everytime as it occurs to me now that is exactly what worked a few times after trying others things. I will do that first next time and see if it works right away. Thanks

Reactions: zeusfl
You have got to be kidding, at what level do we stop buying half done product from DJI?
I just picked up a new Smart Controller, set it up with my Mavic 2 Zoom and Mavic Mini2, I took the Mavic Mini 2 on a test flight everything appeared to be working and I could see the screen! I used Setting/Aircraft Management and selected the second image (Mavic 2 Zoom) from the left, the app switched the aircraft from the Mini 2 to the Zoom and launched DJI GO 4 - Everything looked great until the next day when I traveled to a site and using Setting/Aircraft Management clicked on Mini 2, it couldn't connect and told me to link it. As you learned, Add another aircraft is the work around but the Mavic 2 Zoom always works, I can fly the Mini 2 then switch to the Mavic 2 without an issue.
As far as I can tell there is no posts on the DJI forums about this glaring problem, my searches turned up nothing, the whole multi-drone controller is one of the reasons I purchased the DJI Smart Controller. I won't even start up about the charging issues with the DJI Smart Controller....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada