DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller Update to 0.0530

Avco Drone

Reactions
Hello again... Is anybody else having difficulties in updating their smart controller on DJI assistant 2?... I download the firmware and then try to upload it to the smart controller. The first time I got to 96% the second time I’ve got to 98%. I’ve given up for the day because I need to charge everything back up now. Any assistance is welcome please AvCo Drones Cardiff

A bunch of threads and info on this down in the Smart Controller sub-forum - but a few key things:

Make sure you have the latest version of DJI Assist 2 - you HAVE to use this - and make sure you have the xxxx.08 version - this seems to be the root of the issue for most folks

Some reported needing to uninstall previous versions of Assist 2 and reinstall the new version

Suggested to use the USB-C cable that DJI provided with the SC for charging purposes to use to connect to your computer for update.

Some reported issues with USB3 vs USB2 ports...

I was able to successfully update mine via my Macbook Pro - I did have to restart the initial software download a few times as it kept dropping the internet connection, but once it downloaded to the Mac the rest of the process went smooth

Reactions: Avco Drone
A bunch of threads and info on this down in the Smart Controller sub-forum - but a few key things:

Make sure you have the latest version of DJI Assist 2 - you HAVE to use this - and make sure you have the xxxx.08 version - this seems to be the root of the issue for most folks

Some reported needing to uninstall previous versions of Assist 2 and reinstall the new version

Suggested to use the USB-C cable that DJI provided with the SC for charging purposes to use to connect to your computer for update.

I was able to successfully update mine via my Macbook Pro - I did have to restart the initial software download a few times as it kept dropping the internet connection, but once it downloaded to the Mac the rest of the process went smooth
Thank you for taking the time to respond to me. I really do appreciate your advice

Thanx for advice..... sorted.... I didn’t have the latest version of the DJ I assist 2

Thanx for advice..... sorted.... I didn’t have the latest version of the DJ I assist 2
I had trouble updating the smart controller [shipped firmware], reached out to DJI, followed their recommendations
, still no luck.
I tried updating from the controller through wifi, PC, iMAC, changing from 2.4 to 5.ghz, deleting and reloading DJI software on PC,Mac, doing the same with the controller.
In every instance, I received a "network error" retry. Every device had a good wifi connection including Smart Controller, was able to download other apps, etc.
I finally connected the smart controller to my iPhone as a hot spot. It immediately worked and began & completed the download and install.
Why I don't know but worth a try if you are having troubles and great to know in the field!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Distantdoc