DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller update V01.00.0650

bumper

Reactions
Just loaded firmware update. Had to connect SC to computer with DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic, as the SC kept saying there was no internet connection even though that was enabled on the SC. Don't do the update unless you have some time . . . took about 30 minutes. Haven't flown with it yet.

Oh great another update. The last one gave my SC fits

Reactions: PAW
I updated sc to the latest version via wi-fi, everything went fine (approx. 10 min) I made two flights after that, which went without any problem

Same here. Brand new SC.

I had problems trying to do the update over wifi (software transferred onto controller & update program ran, but after reboot seemed to be stuck on 0530).

Loaded the latest DJI Assistant for Mavic's onto my Mac (which does state it supports the Smart Controller). Did the update via DJI Assistant and I'm finally on 0650.

Tried over WiFi and it appears to finish but fails to load - reboots to the old version.
Tried with DJI Assistant-2 and it fails with stall and SC beeping shutdown at 16%.

Why is every DJI update a "struggle"?
(It's a rhetorical question - I know the answer is "Because they hate me".)

Tried over WiFi and it appears to finish but fails to load - reboots to the old version.
Tried with DJI Assistant-2 and it fails with stall and SC beeping shutdown at 16%.

this time (the third one) I connected the laptop to the home network via a wire, and I didn't do the update as before via wi-fi and the difference is huge in speed x10 at least. Someone mentioned this in the forum, so I decided to give it a try and I really recommend that everyone connect with a wire to the internet if you can.

UPDATE ... I GOT IT TO WORK

The DJI Assistant 2 update NEVER worked.

But at the end of the WiFi failed updates, I kept getting this odd "Note" about the SD card I use for storage. I'd just click "OK" and the device would reboot into the old version. I figured with nothing to lose, I'd just remove the SD card and ... VOILA! ... update worked.

Thinking maybe it was downloading "accidentally" to the card I checked it, but the only files on the card were weeks and months old ... no new activity. Go figure ...

Anyway, if your WiFi update to V01.00.0650 is failing and you have a SD card installed ... pull it out and try again. It might work. (No promises!)

it does hang at 16 per cent you just gotta wait it out,, set you screen sleep time to never and just hang in there

this time (the third one) I connected the laptop to the home network via a wire, and I didn't do the update as before via wi-fi and the difference is huge in speed x10 at least. Someone mentioned this in the forum, so I decided to give it a try and I really recommend that everyone connect with a wire to the internet if you can.
I'm on a very fast wired Ethernet connection. It still failed. But I figured it out (see above).

Reactions: Janko
got to admit these DJI updates, either drone or controller, are a pain in the butt, what works for some don't work for others,
The inconsistency is what makes me crazy. Sometimes it works the first time, sometimes it works the tenth time, sometimes it doesn't work at all. Other times it works on Wi-Fi but not wired. It's just crappy quality control in their upgrade processes that seems to cause this. I wish they would solve this, but there seems to be no energy in that area. This has been a problem ever since I've been using DJI products.

Reactions: FASTFJR
After doing the update I found that AirData was no longer syncing. I worked with their tech support and they had me try out their latest (and as of this writing unpublished) update. Here's the link.

It works great so far!

UPDATE: As noted below, AirData just released v.37 which is supposed to solve any remaining sync issues. Gotta say, their Tech Support is awesome!

Last edited:
WIFI UPDATE DID NOT WORK

wifi update was downloading the firmware, installing it, and than rebooting and starting it all over again.

I have tried to do the update via my mac , but the DJI Assistant 2 would never install on the latest OS 10.15.2 Catalina, as the android driver software that is included in the package would not work on the latest MAC os.

SOLUTION:
install DJI Assistant on the windows PC, hook up SC, update. All works fine, 2 flights no issues.

I upgraded mine via DJI Assistant, using Mac OSX Catalina last night. Upgrade took ~30 minutes. I then received that message about needing a reboot, due to the SD card being used for storage.

Now, Google Play crashes consistently. The Google version of Litchi claims it is no longer licensed. The Amazon version does load and run.....but I still don't have the guts to make a test flight.

I hope my experience is of some use.

I learned that if it flies well DO NOT UPDATE ... I have a mavic enterprise and an enteprise zoom both with SC and with the first firmware of the day when I purchased them .... and I never have problems ... I think that together with some small news they put a lot of controls for them --- I don't trust anymore ...

Air data was no longer syncing because they moved where the log files are stored.
I just Sync to DJI and then sync to air data on the web.
It’s a bad idea to use google play on smart controller because some Apps have a different version for smart controller and you should download it from their website.
And of course google play Is not licensed to run on smart controller so that’s why you must hack it.If the hacks stop working don’t blame Dji.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000