DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller vs. MA2 (Dimensions)

Gealousy

Reactions
Can someone provide dimensions of the 2 and possibly post photos from various angles of the 2 as a comparison, my curiosity is around using existing cases such as a Nanuk or other pre-cut/pre-formed cases that were designed around the MA2 controller. Are they even close, could the SC fit in those cases in place of the MA2 controller or are you stuck now carrying a separate case for the SC?

Looking at possibly picking up a SC, it's not a deal breaker necessarily but does add a PIA factor there. GRIN

Thanks in advance!

Wink.jpg

Reactions: JustMe33
I don't have the controller but I did find the size from the manual.

Screenshot_20200928-192550~2.png

Roughly 6.9" x 4.7" x 1.57" (folded)

6.9" x 7.12" x 2.3" (unfolded)

I have the Nanuk 915 case for my Spark and thought about buying the MA2 insert for it but ended up buying a different case.

If anything, you could buy an insert and modify it to fit the SC.

Oops, that's for the Mavic Air.

Here's the Air 2.

Good luck. :)

Last edited:
Can someone provide dimensions of the 2 and possibly post photos from various angles of the 2 as a comparison, my curiosity is around using existing cases such as a Nanuk or other pre-cut/pre-formed cases that were designed around the MA2 controller. Are they even close, could the SC fit in those cases in place of the MA2 controller or are you stuck now carrying a separate case for the SC?

Looking at possibly picking up a SC, it's not a deal breaker necessarily but does add a PIA factor there. GRIN

Thanks in advance!

View attachment 114001
Maybe get some “pick and pluck” foam for your
Case... or try the case by GPC if you want a hard case. It will fit in a dedicated slot. Love mine... have this case. However, now using mostly the OneMo backpack.

Reactions: MA2 317
Willing to bet, if you can hold on for a little while, some of the case manufacturers will produce one specifically for the MA2 and SC combination.

Willing to bet, if you can hold on for a little while, some of the case manufacturers will produce one specifically for the MA2 and SC combination.
Take a look at this... It is designed to take the SC also... and, no need to remove the joysticks or the lanyard... Watch the video on the Amazon page.

1601426181189.png1601426306671.png

Reactions: LoganAir
Reactions: Gary R
I probably wasn’t good at explaining the question but I already have cases that I use and really like (such as the Nanuk 915). Trying to see if the SC fits in the same pre-cut spaces as the MA2 controller (same dimensions?).

This is the same concern I have. Been thinking about getting the Smart Controller for my MA2, but I hate the idea of my nice GPC case not being able to fit the controller in there.
Exactly, same situation. All pre fab to fit the stock controller...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato