DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller WFI and Xfinity

rapidnetrick

Reactions
Hello,

Since most recent update I can NOT stay connected to my Xfinity WIFI router. The issue is ODD! Previous it worked fine, now after the last update not so much! I can get it to connect ONCE... by doing this...

Forget network
Reset network connections
reboot my router.

It will then connect ONCE and only once. Turn the smart controller off and back on, will NOT connect.

If I setup a hotspot on my phone works fine.

I saw some mention of changing security to TKIP, not an option with Xfinity router, only AES...

Suggestion, ideas?

Thanks!

Hello,

Since most recent update I can NOT stay connected to my Xfinity WIFI router. The issue is ODD! Previous it worked fine, now after the last update not so much! I can get it to connect ONCE... by doing this...

Forget network
Reset network connections
reboot my router.

It will then connect ONCE and only once. Turn the smart controller off and back on, will NOT connect.

If I setup a hotspot on my phone works fine.

I saw some mention of changing security to TKIP, not an option with Xfinity router, only AES...

Suggestion, ideas?

Thanks!
It's probably something in that routers firmware, strange. It may sound crazy, but maybe setup another router plugged into that one and link to the new one instead. Just something cheap like a D-link or something, with a totally different wifi network name. I have a second router (Patiomagic) out on the other end of my house near the patio for when we are out in that area. If my controller can't connect to the router in the living room near the TV, it automatically switches to the other one over by the patio. In your case when it disconnected from the xfinity, it would automatically connect to the second one. I know it sounds kinda crazy, but sometimes troubleshooting router issues just isn't worth the trouble.

I've been having the same issue, unable to connect to my Xfinity gateway. This started after the last firmware: v01.00.0880 update on the SC.
If I remove the security on my gateway it connects but its not safe to have your WIFI unprotected. So I've been using my phone's hot spot to connect to WIFI. I hope the next update fixes this.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard