DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller will NOT link to Pro 2 after firmware update HELP!!

you do not link from GO4! you need to link via adding model under settings 'Switch aircraft'. that option will apear properly on the .530 release you need to upgrade to after firmware reset, i would think. dunno. i did not try to do .650 and do not intend to - after what you got into. :)

i would think after factory reset it should have went to initial .200 or so - if it is still on the .650 you can try downgrading to .530 as well.

Will try now. When I just looked at "switch aircraft"...it doesn't see ANY aircraft (which is obviously the problem). I'll give it one more try. Thank you!
Well, I did the downgrade to .530 after re-flashing the SC...nothing. Drone will not link. Sending it back and getting a new one. :(

I had same problem...had to roll back firmware on MP2 and SC then it automatically relinked. Before I figured out to roll back AC I aslo factory reset SC.

However my device pair simply de linked, no firmware upgrade. Very frustrating but seems to work now.

Will fly tomorrow. Not sure if I should re upgrade firmwares.

I had same problem...had to roll back firmware on MP2 and SC then it automatically relinked. Before I figured out to roll back AC I aslo factory reset SC.

However my device pair simply de linked, no firmware upgrade. Very frustrating but seems to work now.

Will fly tomorrow. Not sure if I should re upgrade firmwares.
i am on .530 and i am not doing any upgrades at all anymore.SC is not normally connected to the internet, so it will not have any impact. it works fine as it is, and there are no significant improvements or new features after .530. it is pretty stable and works pretty well as is now.

Reactions: V2Rotate
im now having this issue. Driving me nuts. My zoom connects to the smart controller no issue, however my mav 2 pro will no longer bind.
Ive tried rolling back firmware, trying to bind to a normal controller, removed sd card. Nothing works. Has anyone overcome this issue?

I know 7 persons with the same issue. Reverting to previews firmware do not solve the problem. All 7 end up replacing the Main Core Board to resolve the problem.
This video is in Spanish but is your same problem. Sadly DJI has multiples reports of the same problem and unless your drone is under warranty do will not help you.

I'm having the same issue with my friends mavic 2 zoom but with the regular controller... I tried plugging the controller into the laptop to download latest firmware and the laptop doesnt even recognize the controller is plugged in...
Tried my mavic 2 zoom controller with his drone and it works, so something is wrong with his controller...

In that case is the controller then. In the video case is the Mavic core board since the controller works with other drones and link without problems. The Mavic won’t link in any controller. Just lost the ability to be linked.

In that case is the controller then. In the video case is the Mavic core board since the controller works with other drones and link without problems. The Mavic won’t link in any controller. Just lost the ability to be linked.
Yep, that’s my issue, taking it in tomorrow.
D1 Store looking after it for me. These guys are always top notch when comes to customer care.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poppy52