DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller will not power off

MPHanley

Reactions
So we've had this for about a week or so. It has been working fine. I tried this today to do a refresh on the firmware. It halted the refresh and said not enough room, but would not allow me to clear off internal memory. Now it is just sitting here, black screen, red light, 3 white lights, 1 blinking white light and when I push and hold the power button, it just vibrates at me. Any ideas?

Just to let you all know... after the screen went blank, I was able to bring the screen back on by plugging the cable into the computer, which allowed me to get to settings and do a factory reset which solved the problem. Thankfully all images and files had already been offloaded. DJI support wanted me to send in the controller until I told them that the factory reset solved the problem. So lesson learned, don't do a firmware refresh!

Reactions: ff22
Just to let you all know... after the screen went blank, I was able to bring the screen back on by plugging the cable into the computer, which allowed me to get to settings and do a factory reset which solved the problem. Thankfully all images and files had already been offloaded. DJI support wanted me to send in the controller until I told them that the factory reset solved the problem. So lesson learned, don't do a firmware refresh!
Hi

I have the same problem. How did you get to the settings? Do you need to use the Assistant 2 for it?

Thanks,

Glip

So lesson learned, don't do a firmware refresh!
Certainly it's a left out scenario, that you need to clear data before the firmware and not while handling the error message ... however I wonder, is your space filled up with something tremendously (Cache of the drone, videos, apps, offline maps, etc.), so that a firmware update was impossible?

A firmware update should be possible in any case though. :rolleyes:

Hi

I have the same problem. How did you get to the settings? Do you need to use the Assistant 2 for it?

Thanks,

Glip

I don't recall that I needed to use Assistant 2. I was trying anything and everything at the time. IIRC, plugging the Smart Controller into the PC just woke up the controller so that I could get to settings. Sorry I'm not much help on this.

If you get the blank screen with a red light and some white lights you can shut the controller of by Holding the pause (red) button plus the power button (about ten seconds). Then you can restart it normally.
That is some very helpful info!!! Thanks! I was looking for a hard reset when all of this happened, and didn't find anything. Thanks again!

Hello

Tried to hold Pause + Power. No luck. I also contacted DJI tech support and they recommend software refresh however my controller does not connect to the Assistant. I downloaded both versions - 1.2.5 and 2.0.8. My controller does not show up in the Assistant.

Any other tips?

I don't recall that I needed to use Assistant 2. I was trying anything and everything at the time. IIRC, plugging the Smart Controller into the PC just woke up the controller so that I could get to settings. Sorry I'm not much help on this.
Hi,

Any info is valuable. When you say that you finally got to the settings, what do you mean by that? Did your Smart Controller wake up and you were able to access controller settings through its screen or you accessed controller's settings through PC?

Mine screen is still black and when connected to PC or MAC it doesn't show up as a connected drive or device.

This is the problem - my controller won't power on. When started normally the white LEDs and red LED come up and it makes vibrate noise however the screen remains black. I tried all the tips listed above with no luck. Is there any other way I can do a hard reset?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard