DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller with Mavic Air 2 - Benefits?

View attachment 118460
1996 BMW RT 1100cc
Iron Butt Certification is minimum 1,000 miles in 24 hours. I did 1,100 in 19 hours, but that was when I was young!
Oh, I understand what an Iron butt is, never really had the desire to do it though. Used to ride to see my daughter in Norman OK, from conifer colorado in a single stretch , about 750 miles took about 15 hours, with the wife on back.
And I've been over Monarch Pass a few times.
Did Trail Ridge Road they day they opened a couple years running...
IMG_0857.JPG

Reactions: Papabri
If you can sell your remote for $350, then you'll net the same as the SC package. The lower cost is in trade for the remote.

Oh, I understand what an Iron butt is, never really had the desire to do it though. Used to ride to see my daughter in Norman OK, from conifer colorado in a single stretch , about 750 miles took about 15 hours, with the wife on back.
And I've been over Monarch Pass a few times.
Did Trail Ridge Road they day they opened a couple years running...
View attachment 118462
I'm afraid my 2-wheel days are over. Bi-lateral foot reconstructions have screwed up my strength and balance. .A trike or quad is never out of the picture, though.

Not sure you could get $350 for a used standard remote.

You certainly cannot. I know somebody who crashed their MA2 into a lake and couldn't retrieve it, so DJI Care was no use. In the end DJI replaced his drone for 70% the cost of the basic Air 2 package. That means the controller is worth about 30% of the $799, which is $240. Then you got to account for the fact that people are far more likely to lose their drones than their controllers, so there'll be quite a lot of sadly orphaned controllers on the market, or those cast aside in favour of a smart controller.

Reactions: Gary R and A.O.
I'm afraid my 2-wheel days are over. Bi-lateral foot reconstructions have screwed up my strength and balance. .A trike or quad is never out of the picture, though.
So you are 7 years older than I am so I understand, I've had both shoulders done and the bike (840lbs) keeps getting heavier. I still ride but not as much. I'm thinking a little 2 seat convertible when my riding days are over.

I love my Mavic Air 2 and have been happy with the controller that came with it. I heard that recently DJI has updated the Smart Controller to work with the Mavic Air 2 and I wonder if anyone can explain what the biggest benefits are of using a Smart Controller versus the one that came with the MA2?

I know the obvious -
  • Bright, large Screen
  • Built in Screen, no need to use your phone

Are there any other major benefits?
Does the smart controller have the same special features that is on the Stock Controller (Quick Shots, Active tracking, hyperlapse modes, etc) or are there additional features?

Any information anyone can offer is appreciated.
Thanks
HDMI output!

1. Bright HD screen. It's like watching a 4K TV even in the sunlight.
2. Two dials, left and right. Left adjusts Gimbal angle, Right is Zoom.
3. No need to switch between photo and video. It has dedicated buttons for each.
4. Quicker to fly. No setup or mounting Phone/Device. About 30 sec. and you're flying.
I finally found the Lanyard Screws for the Smart Controller...they are selling on ebay....here is the link.........https://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Smart-Controller-Lanyard-Mounting-Eye-Hole-Screws/313337858405?hash=item48f4644965:g:pY0AAOSwX2pf0mkc

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost