DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller with Mavic Air 2 - Benefits?

Geekser

Reactions
I love my Mavic Air 2 and have been happy with the controller that came with it. I heard that recently DJI has updated the Smart Controller to work with the Mavic Air 2 and I wonder if anyone can explain what the biggest benefits are of using a Smart Controller versus the one that came with the MA2?

I know the obvious -
  • Bright, large Screen
  • Built in Screen, no need to use your phone

Are there any other major benefits?
Does the smart controller have the same special features that is on the Stock Controller (Quick Shots, Active tracking, hyperlapse modes, etc) or are there additional features?

Any information anyone can offer is appreciated.
Thanks

1. Bright HD screen. It's like watching a 4K TV even in the sunlight.
2. Two dials, left and right. Left adjusts Gimbal angle, Right is Zoom.
3. No need to switch between photo and video. It has dedicated buttons for each.
4. Quicker to fly. No setup or mounting Phone/Device. About 30 sec. and you're flying.

3. No need to switch between photo and video. It has dedicated buttons for each.
4. Quicker to fly. No setup or mounting Phone/Device. About 30 sec. and you're flying.

Thanks..that helps. I think I read that I can also insert an SD card in th SC. about that, will that sd card hold the HD videos and photos taken by the drone?

Will let you use the Epson BT-35e glasses with the MA2 for a full FPV flight experience using the HDMI output from the SC.

Reactions: Geekser
Will let you use the Epson BT-35e glasses with the MA2 for a full FPV flight experience using the HDMI output from the SC.

Well, not “full” FPV, you can ’see’ the video feed from the MA2, but it won’t move the gimbal when you move your head.

I can’t wait to upgrade to a MA2 and try and justify this controller to my wife

Oh, just do it like my husband did, got me involved, I fell in love...now I fly the MA2, and want the smart controller while he is flying his Zino Pro, worked out perfect...Santa is gonna get him an Air2 and smart controller, and I’ll get one too. Life is good

I have heard enough! Thanks to everyone for their insights and thoughts - The Smart Controller has been Ordered - Can't wait for it to arrive - now, I have to figure out how to tell my wife! ?
I guess that will be the most challenging part.

Reactions: technut and Geekser
Oh, just do it like my husband did, got me involved, I fell in love...now I fly the MA2, and want the smart controller while he is flying his Zino Pro, worked out perfect...Santa is gonna get him an Air2 and smart controller, and I’ll get one too. Life is good
I like this approach. I’ve been taking flattering photos and short videos of her to get her into it as much as I can ? I’m also a fan of the “better to seek forgiveness” route

Reactions: Geekser
I can’t wait to upgrade to a MA2 and try and justify this controller to my wife
I got my MA2 in a Fly More bundle with a Smart Controller, and the uptick for a SC in lieu of the standard controller was $400 vs a hefty $750 price if bought separately.

ZOOM?? on a MA2?

Did it come from China? If so, how long did that take?
Reading you signature line wouldn't that be a BMW RT 1100? Not a BMT? Or maybe there's a bike I'm not familiar with.

Reading you signature line wouldn't that be a BMW RT 1100? Not a BMT? Or maybe there's a bike I'm not familiar with.
1607103977780.png
1996 BMW RT 1100cc
Iron Butt Certification is minimum 1,000 miles in 24 hours. I did 1,100 in 19 hours, but that was when I was young!

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair