DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart controllers - where (Mod Edited) are they???

Zandian

Reactions
I’ve been waiting for the smart controller to become available again. Anyone know why they are still backordered? Are they having issues with it?

Z

?
I think many of them are being packaged with the Mavs, and of course, while everyone loves to bash DJI, whenever they release a new product, they just can’t keep up with demand. It will balance out soon I’m sure.

?
I think many of them are being packaged with the Mavs, and of course, while everyone loves to bash DJI, whenever they release a new product, they just can’t keep up with demand. It will balance out soon I’m sure.

Yeah I can understand some delay but this is almost as bad as the wait for the original Mavic. Would think they would have gotten it together by now. It’s been three months.

True though at the premium price they are charging they may not have anticipated the demand.

Z

Reactions: Former Member
It took months for me to get the original mav here in Australia. I preordered within the hour of it being released and it was feb before I finally got to fly. I’m very surprised i was able to get the smart controller straight away. I did get in packaged with mav 2 pro

Last edited:
Yeah I can understand some delay but this is almost as bad as the wait for the original Mavic. Would think they would have gotten it together by now. It’s been three months. True though at the premium price they are charging they may not have anticipated the demand. Z

Oh man, Im sorry to hear that you were another member who experienced the Mavic Pro release debacle. Guess they didnt learn their lesson, but with no competition, they just take their time and dont really care.

Reactions: Live LA
I emailed support early this week and was told that the SmartControllers have been marked "out of stock" in US & Taiwan due to a "certification issue" - I asked how is that given they are being shipped with the bundles (and of course some initial ones shipped), and as expected, received a non-answer follow-up......

The combos shipped first, the standalone smart controllers are in low supply. Speaking to a large Canadian drone supplier, he told me that is why supply is so low right now for the standalone models. I had no trouble getting a Pro 2 + SC bundle.

Originally the issue was that the US Government Shutdown also shut down the FCC (the certification delay), then right after that was Chinese New Year in which DJI pretty much shuts down operations.

Wow, I bought mine from a seller on eBay for $699 and he overnighted it to me for free. Glad I just paid the extra few bucks to get it before vacation.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming