DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

smart or not

I’m old and flying MPP. I do not personally prefer any of the 5.5 screens as my phone is larger and I have “fat finger syndrome”. I use the larger CS and it is easy to manage for me... like seeing/adjusting camera point of focus, choosing lading method, etc. potentially a drawback is DJI is slow to update the CS, but this has had zero impact on me so far.
For you the smart controller will likely be important due to Occusync2 being in it.

Last edited:
It is very convenient, although, admittedly pricey. No wires to connect or accidentally disconnect. But it is dedicated to Occusync 2 whatever and is more limited than the CS, I guess. How DJI treats its owners with updates will probably help determine how successful they can sell such expensive devices in the future.

Ditto what @Thomas B said but I’ve got smaller CS screen, no fat fingers, lol;)

I’ve got the CS 5.5 monitor, cracking screen but Dji don’t seem to update the firmware for the CS as often as the do for iOS and Android devices.

So if you want the latest firmware for the CS, you’ve just got to knuckle down and wait..

Other than that, brilliant screen in my eyes;) remember is not the screen that has the Occussync 2 but the controller.Thumbswayup

Reactions: Raider1964
I would love to see both of them come down in price a little. I agree they're incredible upgrades to the new rigs but the price is also incredibly steep for what you're getting, even with Occusync 2.0 baked into the SC. Add to that the fact that, if you're like me, you'll have to upgrade your carrying case to fit the controller so you're looking at over $700. It just seems a little high to me. I've done everything I can to get the most out of my iPhone 8; added a matte screen protector to reduce glare and bought a hood to go over it while flying out in bright light, but that pales in comparison to a 1000-nit :)

When I recently purchased my Mavic 2 Zoom I opted for the Smart Controller and I am VERY happy that I did. 1080 viewing; beautiful, bright display; Occusync’s enhanced tech which makes the Lightbridge installed on my Phantom 4’s built-in display controller seem archaic; faster takeoff time; easier updates; great portability; and more. What’s not to like? Now, whenever I use my Mavic Pro with my iPhone X, I can finally see how DJI could improve this product line. I love it.

I love the Smart Controller. I used to use an iPad Pro 11" and thought I might miss having such a large screen when I went to the SC, but it's so bright and so sharp and so incredibly convenient and fast, that I am more than happy with it.

Thanks for you input peeps, at the mo i have the mavic pro fly more and basically wanting like for like upgrade
If i buy the Mavic 2 with controller it works out about £430(still a lot i know) for the controller, and then add the fly more kit, works out a a bit cheaper.
Just need to sell the mavic, don't want 2 in the house or do i ;)

Thanks again

You just MIGHT want two! You see, the FT Aviator is due out in two months, but so far there's no interface for it to work with the SMART CONTROLLER, so I'll be using the Smart Controller with my M2P and the FT Aviator with my older MP.

ergonomically and from convenience perspective - it is awesome.
from functionality perspective - you will be able to do more with an external CS unit. and, 7" is better than 5" - even if more expensive. for me, personally, smart controller is the preferable way. i can still use original remote with an ipad if ever need other tools.

I love the Smart Controller. I used to use an iPad Pro 11" and thought I might miss having such a large screen when I went to the SC, but it's so bright and so sharp and so incredibly convenient and fast, that I am more than happy with it.

I am exactly finding the same. I flew my Mavic Pro with a MavMount and 11” IPad. I was worried about going to the SC screen but it is working out really well so far. I am a new user of the Smart Controller so I hope it proves out in the long run.

I don't have a cell phone so the smart controller was critical to my decision to buy a drone. If you order the SC when you order your drone, it is only $400 US. I have found it to be very readable in bright sunlight.

Reactions: RogerMav
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volpe