DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart RTH without landing

lomposlapos

Reactions
How do you do Smart RTH, but instead let the aircraft autoland itself, the aircraft holds in position about 10 m above its "remembered" home point. This way, you can manually land.

How do you do Smart RTH, but instead let the aircraft autoland itself, the aircraft holds in position about 10 m above its "remembered" home point. This way, you can manually land.
Go to a large, open area where there's nothing to hit and practise with RTH.
Fly out 100 ft or so and initiate RTH.
You can cancel any time by either:
Pushing the controller RTH button​
Touching the cancel RTH button on the screen​
Flicking the flight mode switch out of P-GPS and back again (quickest and simplest method)​

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
I frequently launch from less than perfect sites, like up through a small hole between trees and I always RTH untill I can see what im doing then land manually. If Im in the wide open spaces I let RTH do the work.

Reactions: NoScreenNamesLeft
Are just trying to stop the auto landing? If so just slide the switch from P to S and that cancels any automated feature that’s in effect. Saved my drone from hitting something it didn’t see several times!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarstenG