DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

smooth transition from stationary tracking to following?

Curtis

Reactions
I'm new to drones and the Mavic. I'm using Android and don't have any third party drone apps, but I've signed up for the Autopilot Android beta.

I want to use the Mavic off road. My initial tracking tests involving my truck and DJI Go 4 have been abject failures. The app tracks OK for a short time and then either loses the target or says the target is out of range. I was wondering if KJI Go, Litchi or Autopilot would allow me to send the drone ahead 100 yards or more and have the drone hover in place while the camera tracked my truck as it approached the drone; then, after the truck was a short distance past the drone and without stopping the truck, hit a follow me button (or something) in the controlling app and have the drone begin to follow the truck?

Thanks,
Curtis

Last edited:
Unless you have a black truck in a snowfield, I doubt if the app will be able to lock on at 100 yards.

To get it to follow after passing, you can try the Active Track Trace mode with Go 4 set to not allow backwards flying. Perhaps spotlight mode would work, keeping you in the frame, but you will need to use the stick to make it follow you. DJI has a short video on this here:

I dont know about Litchi or Autopilot. I have Litchi but have not tried any features besides Waypoint.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HCholdings