DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pro Snowy island on a frozen lake

Amazing place!!! Do people actually go to that church on a regular basis? Do they all pull up in their boats or what? You are brave to fly in such cold weather over ice that may or may not be solid enough to hold a person. Cold can shorten the life of batteries. If suddenly your drone had to land for lack of power, you'd have to walk out on that ice to get it...yikes! Nonetheless, nice job flying.

Wowww nice cold flight ;) i love geting out in the cold lolll I'm Canadian ;)

Amazing place!!! Do people actually go to that church on a regular basis? Do they all pull up in their boats or what? You are brave to fly in such cold weather over ice that may or may not be solid enough to hold a person. Cold can shorten the life of batteries. If suddenly your drone had to land for lack of power, you'd have to walk out on that ice to get it...yikes! Nonetheless, nice job flying.
The church used to stand on a hilltop above the village, that disappeared when the dam was built and the reservoir filled. Afterwards the church was turned into a museum, to which groups of visitors are brought by a motor boat.

Welcome to the forum from Chicago the Windy City.
Nice flight, how did your battery hold up for such a long flight?
And, how cold was it?

The church used to stand on a hilltop above the village, that disappeared when the dam was built and the reservoir filled. Afterwards the church was turned into a museum, to which groups of visitors are brought by a motor boat.
So interesting! Thanks for filling in the story. Your video is very well done. The length is perfect, it tells a story (at least most of the story as we were all wondering why this church is on the island). The only addition I would make would be some location information on the screen and perhaps even some text to tell the rest of that great story.

Super work!
Chris

Welcome to the forum from Chicago the Windy City.
Nice flight, how did your battery hold up for such a long flight?
And, how cold was it?
Thanks!
It was about five degrees below zero, my fingers got cold, but not terribly. The battery ended up not far below 10%, the usual performance for Mavic Pro. There was no wind.

Reactions: SpitFire
So interesting! Thanks for filling in the story. Your video is very well done. The length is perfect, it tells a story (at least most of the story as we were all wondering why this church is on the island). The only addition I would make would be some location information on the screen and perhaps even some text to tell the rest of that great story.

Super work!
Chris
Thank you!
You are absolutely right about the story in the video. They are one of the best. I have not yet attempted one. It's time for my first.

Thanks!
It was about five degrees below zero, my fingers got cold, but not terribly. The battery ended up not far below 10%, the usual performance for Mavic Pro. There was no wind.
I have two MP's, do fly in the cold, but not that distance.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
User711