DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

So, this is the Mavic Air. *Picture*

32 megapixel sensor? Wait,...on a tiny 1/2.3 sensor? God, I hope not! It would be absurd to pack that many photosites in to such a tiny chip. What would the pixel pitch be?....smaller than 1 micron?, even with BSI? No way,...that would produce a sensor with a VERY low saturation value, very low signal to noise ratio and very low dynamic range.

I'm not buying it. A sensor that tiny would not resolve 32mp anyway. They would have to install a very high end glass (not plastic) lens and it would just be a noisy mess, the noise reduction needed to clean it would soften the hell out of the image even more anyway.

I'm not believing this 32mp rumor.

32 megapixel sensor? Wait,...on a tiny 1/2.3 sensor? God, I hope not! It would be absurd to pack that many photosites in to such a tiny chip. What would the pixel pitch be?....smaller than 1 micron?, even with BSI? No way,...that would produce a sensor with a VERY low saturation value, very low signal to noise ratio and very low dynamic range.

I'm not buying it. A sensor that tiny would not resolve 32mp anyway. They would have to install a very high end glass (not plastic) lens and it would just be a noisy mess, the noise reduction needed to clean it would soften the **** out of the image even more anyway.

Neither am I. Unless there’s some completely new tech going on here.

Naaaa, not buying it. Panoramas may be 32MP, but not a single shot image.

lads I must be missing something why would you pay more then a spark for something that cant do what a mavic can do I understand the mid range thing as in spark for starters the air for dinner and the mavic for dessert lol but I cant see anyone saying im buying that where as they say for 200 extra you get the mavic platinum if that even is the price of 699 there abouts and someone saying for the extra 200 im buying more flight time .. or would people say why has the most expensive got the camera thats cheaper. ..im lost so im off to get drunk

Something not body say is if can handle wind, like Mavic PRO , looks to me like a inside drone

I'm not buying it. A sensor that tiny would not resolve 32mp anyway. They would have to install a very high end glass (not plastic) lens and it would just be a noisy mess, the noise reduction needed to clean it would soften the **** out of the image even more anyway.

It's a 32Mp Pano image not a 32Mp sensor. According to the "rumors"

here hang on a f@@@ing second now thats racist you cant say that {{ gimme a sec I cant get this barman attention /. 3 pints and a whiskey please }} right where was I yes racist that is and incorrect

Two Irishmen walk out of a bar................like that would happen!

Reactions: Irish-apple
Look what the forum Admin created. Then it must be official "Mavic Air"....LOL

:upload_2018-1-22_15-25-24.png

The new Mavic Spark! So what color is everyone getting? I heard it comes in green, the Saint Patrick's day edition.

Why couldn't DJI just bring out Mavic Pro 2 instead of yet another drone that is pretty much the same as the last two? We need a much better camera on the Mavic Pro with an adjustable aperture. Sensor needs to be bigger. The camera itself needs to be much more stronger, rigid and sturdy, we need more settings for the Mavic camera.

Why couldn't DJI just bring out Mavic Pro 2 instead of yet another drone that is pretty much the same as the last two? We need a much better camera on the Mavic Pro with an adjustable aperture. Sensor needs to be bigger. The camera itself needs to be much more stronger, rigid and sturdy, we need more settings for the Mavic camera.

Patience grasshopper!!

It looks like the Mavic is still selling well and the Spark not so much.... that is why DJI is releasing the Spark 2 (sorry I meant Mavic Air) first. I am sure DJI will take your money before the summer though.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1