DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Solar Eclipse from Miami,Florida 01:22 minutes

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
I had my try at photographing today’s eclipse from my driveway. I used my Nikon Z8 body, plus long lens (Nikkor 180-600mm), at 600mm, f/8, manual focus, Iso 80. 1/3200 second. In Miami we only got about this amount of incursion of the moon. These shots were taken around 1:45 to 3:00 PM. I grabbed a shot whenever the cloud cover passed and gave me an opening.https://vimeo.com/932275069

Dale
Miami

Knew you’d have a go at getting the shot of the centuary. Well done. We have a really good friend who lives in Rogers AR and of course she had a fantastic view-near enough all covered. Am amazed at how fast a shutter speed you neeed-any filters etc?

Knew you’d have a go at getting the shot of the centuary. Well done. We have a really good friend who lives in Rogers AR and of course she had a fantastic view-near enough all covered. Am amazed at how fast a shutter speed you neeed-any filters etc?
No- just the 600mm lens without a filter. (Nikkor 180-600mm, f/5.6-6.3)

Dale

No- just the 600mm lens without a filter. (Nikkor 180-600mm, f/5.6-6.3)

Dale
Amazing piece of kit the Z8. I have a D90 which never gets used and is so heavy I don’t bother to take it with me to FL. My Osmo 6 plus iPhone get all I really need and having visited so many times I have some brilliant pix of the fauna in and around when I had the muscle to lug the D90 lbs 500mm lens.

I have been to Africa on safari 14 times, and each time except my last trip, I spent about $600 or more to rent the 600mm lens which is over 11 pounds, and a real "bear" to carry through airports and put into the overhead. This time, Nikon had come out with the much less expensive 180-600mm. I ordered and received the lens a month before the trip, and it was much lighter and I was able to hand hold 90% of my full 600mm shots. Here is a link to that trip with fast action shot taken with the new lens.

Last edited:
Great job!

Reactions: sarahb

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J