DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sold the mini - Problem with remote battery!

excalibur1814

Reactions
Hello,

I recently sold my Mavic mini and the buyer has stated that the remote battery is weak. Instead of being 2600mAh, it's 1800? (He did send a picture).

The drone was only used a few times so would anyone know why there would be such a difference?

Thanks.

Did you notice very short battery life on the controller? From a full charge it should last at least 3 full flights of 20+ minutes if using an android phone, and a good bit more than this if using an apple device.

How does the photo of the alleged battery in the photo compare to any controller teardown photos on the internet? It seems very strange that the controller would have a battery that doesn't meet spec. I could take a photo of a 1800mAh battery and say it's from the controller in order to set up a claim for a refund.

Edit, the controller battery is very likely a single Li-ion 18650 battery like this:

Last edited:
The item arrived working as intended, but after the buyer updated the firmware, he experienced issues with the rear props (as others have done). I refunded £30 in the end otherwise he'd send it back and, after having it for nearly a month, the value would have fallen due to the release of the air 2. Difficult.

Here is the picture he sent:

s-l1600.jpg

The picture doesn't really prove much. It implies that it took 1858mAh @5 volts to charge. Was that from 0% or 10% or 60%??

Also, 1858mAh @ 5.03v is the same power as 2596mAh @3.6v. That's pretty close to the quoted spec of 2600mAh.

Either way, it looks like you've already committed and refunded £30 so not much point in debating whether the battery really was under-rated or not.

Sorry to say I am inclined to agree with scro, the 1854 need not be the entire capacity of the battery. Aside from which, if the meter is like mine it can be zeroed at any time when 'live'. Assuming this was sold via a website do you feel able to say which website has such favourable to the buyer return conditions?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep. I should have waited to clarify. I've purchased an item from the chap so I can now ask questions of my own.

The reply:
"It looks to be correct. I missed @3.6V information."

Oh well. I either had to have the item back or, as you all know, give in (the gloriously one sided eBay system). THANK YOU for your assistance.

Reactions: scro
There are some notorious buyers on ebay. I've had one claim they never received the goods. Fortunately recorded delivery proved otherwise!

Hope you manage to get a favourable resolution, and it was just a genuine misunderstanding.

A seller should always record serial numbers too, I have dealt with seller who relisted a returned item and failed to notice that the first buyer had not returned the original item. That said it works the other way too, an excellent condition P3, like new,..... with the motor mounts riddled with cracks, whoops, no thank you, return please.

I forgot to ask, what reason did the buyer give for the test? Are they using an Android phone by any chance?
I ask because Android devices seem to draw quite a bit of current/power from the controller, between 380 and 410mA for my Samsung S5 on my P3's controller, likewise for my Samsung S6 on the MM's controller (bought to run the Fly app ).
The MM controller's battery isn't that big to start with and the drain flattens it quite quickly, I doubt I'd fly more than 3 full drone batteries and not NEED to recharge the controller.
Apples devices draw a lot less from the controller, this behaviour is mentioned in the MM's manual

I have a feeling that he's into his gadgets, which is cool, as I've never known anyone to check a controller battery (let alone the drone batteries - Which when selling I'd add the charge amount etc).

I'd like to think that he wasn't pulling a fast one. Oh well. From the first moment I should have simply said, 'return the item'.

Reactions: pelagic_one
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+