DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sold the Pro 2 for a Zoom

Zoom does 2x optical and 2x dig =4x in 1080p.
I cannot even tell when optical stops and digital starts.
Great for us recreational flyers
i frankly would not care much about that 'zoom' as it hardly a zoom at all. Pro model has a huge advantage as it has a controllable aperture blades, from f2.8 to f11.
it was a breakthrough for a flying camera in this price range, as on a heavy copter with a sony or dslr the gimbal alone would cost as much as this whole 20mp drone costs.

How is 4x hardly zoom?

To each their own, i just found the zoom very useful for me.
...and I am aware the 4x is cropped 4k, I was reiterating how good it is in 1080p, as some pople where fudding it.

i frankly would not care much about that 'zoom' as it hardly a zoom at all. Pro model has a huge advantage as it has a controllable aperture blades, from f2.8 to f11.
it was a breakthrough for a flying camera in this price range, as on a heavy copter with a sony or dslr the gimbal alone would cost as much as this whole 20mp drone costs.

The only caveat with the variable aperture is that due to diffraction caused by the sensor size and pixel density (this is a matter of physics, not a DJI-specific disadvantage), beyond F4 sharpness falls off pretty quickly and is downright awful by the time you are anywhere near F11. Even being able to adjust between F2.8 and F4.0 (F5.6 in a pinch) though is an enormous advantage as you can get away with half the ND filters, or you can adjust exposure mid-flight up to one full stop without losing quality or changing shutter speed or ISO.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+