DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Soldering skills (not mine!)

"a microprocessor-based system for training my CW" Do tell. I learned CW enough to pass my HAM tests, but now I am considering revisiting CW.
Well, as I have been inactive for quite some time, I restarted the hobby so I have to revive my CW skills. I have been searching the internet thoroughly and found the Morserino32 is the best way to learn, train and improve your CW skills, from newbie to experienced level.
It is delivered as a kit so you have to solder it yourself, which should be no problem for a ham ;)
The last few days I have been 'playing' with it and I am very pleased with it. I can highly recommend it to all ham operators (and no I have no shares in this superb project)!

Well, as I have been inactive for quite some time, I restarted the hobby so I have to revive my CW skills. I have been searching the internet thoroughly and found the Morserino32 is the best way to learn, train and improve your CW skills, from newbie to experienced level.
It is delivered as a kit so you have to solder it yourself, which should be no problem for a ham ;)
The last few days I have been 'playing' with it and I am very pleased with it. I can highly recommend it to all ham operators (and no I have no shares in this superb project)!
I got my license in 1979. I also have been inactive and I am dusting off my Kenwood TS-430S getting an antenna set up etc. Thanks for the info on the Morserino32, :)

I got my license in 1979. I also have been inactive and I am dusting off my Kenwood TS-430S getting an antenna set up etc. Thanks for the info on the Morserino32, :)
Same here, I got my license in 1985 and at this moment I am rebuilding a shack and mounting some antennas here. If you want some more details, just send me a PM because I am afraid we would go too much off-topic in his forum ;)

I will not own anything that says”Weller” ever again.
Wellers are for plumbers! lol

I've been using Weller equipment since the mid 80s, every few years I replace the tip and my main iron has never missed a beat. I replaced a leg on my Mini2 a few weeks ago and my repair looks significantly better than the picture at the start of this thread. I don't solder as much as I used to but it's a skill you never really lose.

Reactions: okw
Sorry Weller does have a couple of decent irons for electronics BUT everyone always gets the big power drill style or the little 20 dollar pencils with no temp adjust. I started long ago with one of these, and gave up for years because of the fact my iron had no temp adjustment. Wellers are very popular at hardware stores so really any hardware store soldering iron gets labeled a Weller.

OK, I'll chip in and say the Weller soldering stations are still good. I recently picked up one the ones the continuously variable temperature and the digital readout. It also heats up quickly. The old school stations with the "temperature" tips were also good. But you had to have the right "size" tip and change out the temperature tips for different temperatures to do optimum work.

I also used to do a lot of schematic capture and PWB layout work. When I started my career, you used Bishop Graphics "artwork features" on myler film at 2X to do you layout. Then you took large film photographs of the artwork to make the negatives to expose photosensitive PCB material. When CAD/CAM (for schematic capture and PWB layout) came around, I thought I had died and gone to heaven!

Last edited:
Reactions: okw
I also used to do a lot of schematic capture and PWB layout work. When I started my career, you used Bishop Graphics "artwork features" on myler film at 2X to do you layout. Then you took large film photographs of the artwork to make the negatives to expose photosensitive PCM material. When CAD/CAM came around, I thought I had died and gone to heaven!
Hehehe, when I started soldering it was all about a dalo pen and a tub of ferric chloride!

Reactions: Starz
Hehehe, when I started soldering it was all about a dalo pen and a tub of ferric chloride!
I also did the hobby board thing with the copper clad board and ferric chloride. You could buy both at Radio Shack & Burstien Applebe.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hcastro