DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Solid (non-folding) prop for mavic 2 zoom

cncjerry

Reactions
I had heard there were solid props for the mavic 2 zoom/pro but cant find any. I just want to test them for dynamic balancing as it it difficult to do so with folding props. With folding props you have to bring the RPMs up over 6,000 to ensure the prop is fully extended and that speed overloads the balancer. I am also building a clip to keep them at a consistent opening. I posted this in the DJI forum and got nothing but hate mail.

I use the same DJI motors and mounting plates on the dynamic balancer and testing just the motors, I found a slight imbalance in two of them. I dont have anything other than a relative number, but two sides measure a value of 73 (+x and +y) and two sides measured 69 (-x and -y). Once I corrected the motor shell on the balancer, I then fought with the props as the slightest variance in the folding offsets the balance. I ultimately got there with two props and it made a noticeable, measured improvement. It is hard to tell on the videos as I need to setup a grid and try to measure the clarity. By the way, these are stock DJI motors and props. Even glue residue from balancing tape is enough to offset the balance enough to feel it on the balancer mounting platform.

Folding props have many advantages of course, especially for incidental strikes, and I'll probably just fly them but if I can find solid props that fit, I would like to compare them as I can balance them more precisely than the folding props now.

Thanks

Jerry

Reactions: Saladshooter
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22