DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Solo Sailing, A day in my life.

I really enjoyed this day-in-the-life video. We love life on the road in our RV and it was fascinating to compare that with a similar experience at sea. Granted, you have much more safety concerns, and its not as easy to just "pull over" for supplies. Thank you for sharing this amazing experience. At the end, you posited whether the video was boring, and I can tell you it wasn't.

I wasn't looking hard, but I don't recall seeing any means to generate power. How are you keeping your batteries charged?

The world is literally your playground, and you have a sense of adventure that few of us will ever experience. Respect.

Good video. I subscribe to "Sailing into freedom" but I have to admit the channel was much better before the guy got married. I would have liked to see you launch and retrieve your drone, I was impressed with those shots.

Good video. I subscribe to "Sailing into freedom" but I have to admit the channel was much better before the guy got married. I would have liked to see you launch and retrieve your drone, I was impressed with those shots.

Thanks! Yeah many have asked about how I use the drone while sailing. I'll do a video about it in May when I return.

I really enjoyed this day-in-the-life video. We love life on the road in our RV and it was fascinating to compare that with a similar experience at sea. Granted, you have much more safety concerns, and its not as easy to just "pull over" for supplies. Thank you for sharing this amazing experience. At the end, you posited whether the video was boring, and I can tell you it wasn't.

I wasn't looking hard, but I don't recall seeing any means to generate power. How are you keeping your batteries charged?

The world is literally your playground, and you have a sense of adventure that few of us will ever experience. Respect.

Yeah thanks a lot! I lived in a camper for a while too but I do enjoy not having to follow anyones road in my boat. In my view I am MUCH safer on my boat than in a camper. I have 400w of solar and 520amp of batteries and this keeps me going. Most days my batteries are full by midday. I run a fridge and freezer and auto pilot 24hrs.
I love this life!

Yeah thanks a lot! I lived in a camper for a while too but I do enjoy not having to follow anyones road in my boat. In my view I am MUCH safer on my boat than in a camper. I have 400w of solar and 520amp of batteries and this keeps me going. Most days my batteries are full by midday. I run a fridge and freezer and auto pilot 24hrs.
I love this life!

Ahh, I didn't catch the solar. That is about the same setup we have in our RV. We have 574 amps in our battery bank and 540w of solar. However, you get much better performance out on the open ocean, especially when you're sailing near the equator.

Thanks for taking us all for the ride, and I can really appreciate the skills you've developed over time. The depth of knowledge communicated well in the video.

Reactions: Vernon
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rle