DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

[Solved] Can't adjust Max Altitude above 120m all of a sudden. Mini 2 SE - DJI Fly

profixt

Reactions
Site
www.profixt.com
Hello,

I've been enjoying my Mini 2 SE for a while now. Clocked over 17h of flying so far.

I was filming around a small volcano the other day when after landing and taking off again I noticed I suddenly couldn't fly over the 120m above AGL (a minute earlier I was up to 277m AGL).
When I went to adjust the slider in the settings it was capped at 120.

viber_image_2023-06-25_00-26-20-666.jpg

The DJI Fly app version is 1.10.4 and it's on Android - Samsung S22 Ultra.

I've tried clearing the app cache, airplane mode, logging out and back in the app, Uninstalling it, redownloading it and logging back in. - all to no avail.

I'm pretty sure I'm missing something simple and stupid, but I haven't managed to find any help by searching online.

Thank you!

I assume you mean Above Takeoff Level ATL and not AGL as the app isn't going to report above ground level,
What is your elevation (MSL) at your takeoff point?

What version of the App are you on? 1.10.4 by any chance?
Have a look at

Sorry guys but having tested it with my drones ........ I do not know if the above is true for the Mini 2SE but I have just installed 1.10.4 on an Android and tested it with my Mavic Mini and Mini 2 and indoors I was able to set the ceiling to 500m with both.

Last edited:
Have a look at

That would be brutal to say the least.

Have a look at

PROFIXT mentioned that he IS on version 1.10.4 in his post. You just solved the mystery for him! (and us). Glad I'm in the USA. The link you supplied tells us all about this issue. Thanks!

Sorry I haven't .......... for the Mavic Mini and Mini 2 at least ....UNLESS it does this evil deed in combination with certain firmware.
I just installed 1.10.4 on an Android and flew indoor flights with a Mavic Mini and Mni 2 and with both I was able to set ceiling 500m.
Obviously I am not able to test that ceiling and the app will be removed in a few minutes .

Last edited:
I assume you mean Above Takeoff Level ATL and not AGL as the app isn't going to report above ground level,
What is your elevation (MSL) at your takeoff point?
ATL, correct. My bad.
The ASL was just under 600m.

Have a look at

Sorry guys but having tested it with my drones ........ I do not know if the above is true for the Mini 2SE but I have just installed 1.10.4 on an Android and tested it with my Mavic Mini and Mini 2 and indoors I was able to set the ceiling to 500m with both.
That's a big Oof...
Downloaded 1.10.1 and I can confirm that I can now adjust up to 500m as max Altitude with it. Thank you!

What I find odd is that it happened with no actual update activity between flights. The drone wasn't even switched off. I hand-landed it and then decided to go back up for an overhead photo, but it wouldn't climb as high as a minute earlier.

By the way - I'm impressed by the amount of replies this thread has had! Thank you guys! I appreciate it!

Last edited:
Reactions: Walleye Hunter
ATL, correct. My bad.
The ASL was just under 600m.

That's a big Oof...
Downloaded 1.10.1 and I can confirm that I can now adjust up to 500m as max Altitude with it. Thank you!

What I find odd is that it happened with no actual update activity between flights. The drone wasn't even switched off. I hand-landed it and then decided to go back up for an overhead photo, but it wouldn't climb as high as a minute earlier.

By the way - I'm impressed by the amount of replies this thread has had! Thank you guys! I appreciate it!
There are some very knowledgeable and helpful folks here.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas