DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

some day flying Mavic with the dji goggles

falzone174

Reactions
I've had a few drones over the last few years and I bought the Mavic mainly cause of its small size. my biggest complaint with the Mavic is tap to focus. every time I change altitude or move forward or any direction the footage gets out of focus. yes I tap to focus often and I often do t see how bad the focus gets till you look at the video. I really wanted the dji goggles they were promoting at the time of Mavic preorders, now almost 6 months later no word from dji abut them at all. remember that dji video they made to show off the dji goggles with 2 kids in a park flying their Mavic and low level like a drone race. I'm wondering if we ever actually get dji goggles if I have to constantly be hitting tap to focus while I'm trying g to immerse myself in the dji goggles experience, I think it's going g to blow to constantly have to focus while flying?

I've had a few drones over the last few years and I bought the Mavic mainly cause of its small size. my biggest complaint with the Mavic is tap to focus. every time I change altitude or move forward or any direction the footage gets out of focus. yes I tap to focus often and I often do t see how bad the focus gets till you look at the video. I really wanted the dji goggles they were promoting at the time of Mavic preorders, now almost 6 months later no word from dji abut them at all. remember that dji video they made to show off the dji goggles with 2 kids in a park flying their Mavic and low level like a drone race. I'm wondering if we ever actually get dji goggles if I have to constantly be hitting tap to focus while I'm trying g to immerse myself in the dji goggles experience, I think it's going g to blow to constantly have to focus while flying?

The DJI goggles can track your eye movement and focus where you are looking.

I think the only downside of the goggles will be the cost. I am betting they will be quite expensive.

The DJI goggles can track your eye movement and focus where you are looking.

I think that would make for a pretty awful post video. If one were to look at a FP and hit, eg: C2 to focus, that would be ok - great, even.

Given the Moverio BT-300's are looking to go around US$800, I doubt DJI will be much different. Hopefully less clumsy looking than what we've seen to date.

They are still going to look exactly like that.

I don't mind the look/size personally. Not many other goggles can be worn with glasses and also flipped up onto your head without removing them. Those are both killer features for me.

I find them extremely large looking (At that I have a huge head - they might not fit). Great if they flip up - but still...

I've been out of the loop, did DJI make some kinda public statement about the goggles recently? If not, don't hold your breath waiting, all signs point to vaporware.

I've been out of the loop, did DJI make some kinda public statement about the goggles recently? If not, don't hold your breath waiting, all signs point to vaporware.

Are you trolling? Click the link above. DJI USA employees have been testing hardware that looks exactly like what was shown at the Mavic event, running beta firmware, for weeks. They are talking about it openly and answering concrete questions about battery life, etc.

DJI Assistant was updated with support for them already! I would bet orders will start within weeks.

Are you trolling? Click the link above. DJI USA employees have been testing hardware that looks exactly like what was shown at the Mavic event, running beta firmware, for weeks. They are talking about it openly and answering concrete questions about battery life, etc.

DJI Assistant was updated with support for them already! I would bet orders will start within weeks.

Reading comprehension, sweet Jesus! The first 6 words of my post:
"I've been out of the loop,"

But since I need to dumb things down... 1) No, I'm not trolling. 2) It's almost March, the goggles were advertised, in what, September? So maybe it takes them a half year, I'd say DJI is trolling everyone.

Reactions: Nash
Reading comprehension, sweet Jesus! The first 6 words of my post:
"I've been out of the loop,"

But since I need to dumb things down... 1) No, I'm not trolling. 2) It's almost March, the goggles were advertised, in what, September? So maybe it takes them a half year, I'd say DJI is trolling everyone.

"All signs point to vaporware" is probably what he objected to.

No matter where DJI are in their design/release of them:

1- It makes absolute sense that they would come up with such an offering to complement and enhance their product line - this doesn't just go to Mavic Pro in the long view.

2- In the wake of the fiasco referred to as "GoPro Karma", it makes sense that they release an exceptionally flaw free product.

3- And it makes no sense at all that (in your words) that "DJI is trolling everyone." That could only harm them.

Reactions: captainserial
newbie muscling in.....
I have owned a P3A for a year and decided to add a Mavic to my fun/hobby, had it since early January after a 3 month wait, I too would love to link it to a pair of the DJI Goggles when they are released, but for now as I own Headplay goggles (massive I know but a great FPV experience) I have converted them to work wirelessly with both the P3A and Mavic, will still buy the DJI goggles when they are released, but for now....
HEADPLAY FPV

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potenthockey0