DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Some Relief: Care Refresh "reset" - 3 months "free"

AlanTheBeast

Reactions
After demanding that my warranty and Care Refresh be extended by 2 weeks in compensation for the miserably long turn around on my Mavic Pro (still not back), this morning I received a new Care Refresh agreement for my MP. Dated 15 April 2017 to 15 April 2018. (Original was 25 Jan). Nearly a 3 month extension.

The Serial Number for the MP is the same as the one I sent in (hopefully means same bird, new camera).

But, so is the S/N for the gimbal. So it looks like they haven't updated the CR S/N's (?). Or did they actually repair the camera itself? (Careful testing ahead...).

(How does that work? Getting the CR S/N's updated after a return - I thought it was automatic?).

So take that to customer service: long time in the loop, demand warranty and CR extensions - you might get an extension to the CR at least.

Reactions: Bunny Too
Good for you, you Beast.

After demanding that my warranty and Care Refresh be extended by 2 weeks in compensation for the miserably long turn around on my Mavic Pro (still not back), this morning I received a new Care Refresh agreement for my MP. Dated 15 April 2017 to 15 April 2018. (Original was 25 Jan). Nearly a 3 month extension.

The Serial Number for the MP is the same as the one I sent in (hopefully means same bird, new camera).

But, so is the S/N for the gimbal. So it looks like they haven't updated the CR S/N's (?). Or did they actually repair the camera itself? (Careful testing ahead...).

(How does that work? Getting the CR S/N's updated after a return - I thought it was automatic?).

So take that to customer service: long time in the loop, demand warranty and CR extensions - you might get an extension to the CR at least.

My experience after sending in a good number of drones is that you will not receive the same serial number or bird back. The least they do is replace the gimbal and top cover, assign a new serial number and gimbal number, then update your refresh with those serial numbers. What they are supposed to do after that is send you an updated Refresh contract with both new serial numbers, but they dont always follow up.

As far as repairing, they have not been repairing anything on any of the Refreshes I have sent in, they just send a new or refurbished bird back with a new serial number. Your Refresh agreement will be updated after your bird has been replaced. Your repair is not complete yet, so a new serial number has not yet been assigned. When your repair is complete, you should get an updated Refresh agreement emailed to you. If not, then contact DJI and they will email you an updated contract with the new serial number on it.

Gimbal serial numbers are assigned after a new refresh policy is issued as well.

By the way, can you give a timeline as to what date you requested a Refresh, what date you sent it in, where you sent it, how long it took for them to acknowledge receipt, how long to assess repairs, and what stage you are at now on their online repair progress website? Im keeping track of my own units sent to them, and refreshes are taking 4 weeks to the east coast of the USA from the date I sent the unit in, and non-refresh repairs are taking 5-6 weeks from date of sending the bird in.

By the way, can you give a timeline as to what date you requested a Refresh, what date you sent it in, where you sent it, how long it took for them to acknowledge receipt, how long to assess repairs, and what stage you are at now on their online repair progress website? Im keeping track of my own units sent to them, and refreshes are taking 4 weeks to the east coast of the USA from the date I sent the unit in, and non-refresh repairs are taking 5-6 weeks from date of sending the bird in.

I never requested a Refresh repair. This is a warranty repair. No charge and they reset the CR to 15 April but did not extend the warranty.

And, yeah, as trampled on a lot, I know they tend to send replacements. The new CR "certificate" still shows the original S/N's for both the drone and gimbal.

upload_2017-4-17_9-32-19.png

Should, per UPS, be here Thur, 20 April. Because, actually, UPS did not pick it up until the 13th.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hippysmavic