DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Some spring feelings from Grado/Italy

That was close, that gull having a look at ya 1.41 into your vido_O thouroghly enjoyed it thoughThumbswayup

Reactions: Photo-Sorko
Yeah, that was a close call. I'm not quite sure if the seagulls don't like drones or if they want to play. Because on one hand, they flew around the drone but on the other hand, they never looked like they’ll attack it. And they are accustomed to people. If you are walking on the beach they don’t get out of your path and they try to steal food. But I’m not an expert, so I kept my flights near them relatively short.

Reactions: Porky
I have the same problem with gulls where I fly, at the moment I’ve been very lucky but things could change. One thing I have noticed though, they seem to stay away from me, pigeons though. totally different o_O they come out in gangs looking for trouble:D

Pigeons are… pigeons. We had many of them in our village but since a few years there are some crows and magpies. Fortunately they don't like pigeons either. :)

Reactions: Porky
Pigeons = vermin. Where I live, we’ve got so many of the bloody things :(

They fly around in gangs and beat drones up.... think I need a nice sparrow hawk to sort them out;)

Last edited:
That was a great video with some nice editing! Thanks for posting.

Yeah, that was a close call. I'm not quite sure if the seagulls don't like drones or if they want to play. Because on one hand, they flew around the drone but on the other hand, they never looked like they’ll attack it. And they are accustomed to people. If you are walking on the beach they don’t get out of your path and they try to steal food. But I’m not an expert, so I kept my flights near them relatively short.

Yeah, I had issues with seagulls this summer in Sweden as well including a very near miss when a squadron of three flew in close formation to check out the drone:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inky