DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pro Some Sydney nature

beach_Dr

Reactions
I've moved to Northern Sydney 4 months ago from South Africa, and been struggling to find anywhere to fly. Seems drones are restricted/banned in most places. I have managed to find a few beautiful spots which seemed safe to fly. These were not in national parks - I applied for permission to fly in National Park (using the supplied recreational drone flight application form) and was told 'No, under no circumstance'. So I'm not sure why they supply the application form...

Hopefully I'll find a few more flying spots soon. In the meantime, enjoy!

Not yet... do you know of any?
If your concern is that places to fly around Sydney is limited it might be (very likely) you aren’t understanding the restrictions.

Go here Drone safety apps

Download the app of your choice and type in the location your interested in.

There are plenty of places you can fly.

Stay well clear of the restricted airspace around the harbour and use common sense as to what time you fly and the probability of when and where emergency and sightseeing aircraft might be around beaches and enjoy yourself.

Reactions: twobob
If your concern is that places to fly around Sydney is limited it might be (very likely) you aren’t understanding the restrictions.

Go here Drone safety apps

Download the app of your choice and type in the location your interested in.

There are plenty of places you can fly.

Stay well clear of the restricted airspace around the harbour and use common sense as to what time you fly and the probability of when and where emergency and sightseeing aircraft might be around beaches and enjoy yourself.

Thanks for feedback

Don’t get down to beaches often - do t have that much free time. But I’ve enquires about national parks permission to fly around the marinas up north and have been given a very direct ‘No’

I’d like to get some beach flying in when free time allows. Hopefully in next couple weeks I can add some shoreline videos!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+