DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Someone please help!

OK but for whatever reason it's not showing all the specs on Amazon anyway. Is it 4gb RAM and 64 bit. I see the one you linked is 32 gig. I would probably grab the 64 at least but I guess my questions for you are, have you used it quite a bit with fly app and no issues. eg. freezes or loss of transmission at long distance? Brightness is nice and I have to wonder at this price is it respectable anyway? Tha KS a bunch for any input. I definitely appreciate all you folks
The Samsung table has been rock solid in use. I've been flying the Mavic 3 with it for nearly a year. No problems updating the Fly app. No freeze-ups or other issues during flight. The tablet or phone has nothing to do with transmission between the controller and the drone. It runs all the other apps I use for flying without issues too - B4YouFly, online sectional charts, weather services, ... The design is a few years old, but it's handled everything I've thrown at it. I can see no real benefit to be had for updating to a newer model.

I've had several Samsung tablets in the past and I've been pleased with them all. The big screen is a real plus when looking for details in the landscape and it's nice when someone is looking over your shoulder.

The one downside is the screen brightness. It's not going to compete with a Tripletek in that department, but then again, it's a small fraction of the cost. It's served me well. There's certainly no brightness issue in the shade and I've found it's usable in bright midday sun on the Gulf Coast. Wear a big hat and put the controller in your own shadow.

Reactions: To Be Mavic
Hello all, I am finally wanting to move up from a phone to a tablet. Im using DJI Fly for Air 2s with RC-N1. I'm a 20 year Android user but I am open to whatever works here. Even Apple products but id love to stay w/android. I am aware of the Tripletek and Crystal Sky tabs and I'm simply not gonna spend that much right now. Brightness isn't necessarily the most important, fully functional specs are first. That being said can you recommend the best tablet in the 400-500.00 range or even less if there is a sleeper I don't know of. Anyhow, suggestions are very welcome. I do want GPS and compass BTW and i believe that means its gonna have to be cellular. Thanks!
Like you I have always been an Android user and use my S21 Ultra most of the time but wanted a larger screen. But with some of the issues I've read about with some Android devices, I purchased an iOS Air 4. I got it used from a local electronics store and it is in excellent condition. Ended up getting it for under $400. Works flawlessly with my Air 2S. I know there are brighter tablets out there but I have not had any issues using it plus I purchased a hood for it just in case. Very happy with my purchase.

Like you I have always been an Android user and use my S21 Ultra most of the time but wanted a larger screen. But with some of the issues I've read about with some Android devices, I purchased an iOS Air 4. I got it used from a local electronics store and it is in excellent condition. Ended up getting it for under $400. Works flawlessly with my Air 2S. I know there are brighter tablets out there but I have not had any issues using it plus I purchased a hood for it just in case. Very happy with my purchase.
I decided to go with the galaxy S6 Lite 10.4 and I will get back and let everyone know how it does. Scheduled for delivery tomorrow. I wanted to do my due diligence on an android before I jumped over to iOS. Also the tablet fits right into the ecosystem I have built. Every single person that said they bought it for the Air 2s said it has been stellar as far as performance but the only drawback is the screen only goes to a certain brightness which in Mist cases was adequate. I will see what happens tomorrow and report back. Thanks a bunch!

Reactions: JCapps
I got a 10 inch Amazon Kindle Fire four 75 bucks, and works great... It's 130 right now, but there's frequently go on sale: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08BX7FV5L/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I use it with this holder: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09PF8Y632/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And this hood: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08LQ7DGYF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

That is for my N1 one controller with my Mini 2 … Then I got a Mini 3 pro with the RC, and while I like the convenience of the RC's built-in screen I like the larger tablet ... If they ever make the RC work with the mini two, I'd probably bond the RC to the mini 2 and then use the N1 with the tablet for the mini 3 pro...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne