DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Someone please help!

To Be Mavic

Reactions
Hello all, I am finally wanting to move up from a phone to a tablet. Im using DJI Fly for Air 2s with RC-N1. I'm a 20 year Android user but I am open to whatever works here. Even Apple products but id love to stay w/android. I am aware of the Tripletek and Crystal Sky tabs and I'm simply not gonna spend that much right now. Brightness isn't necessarily the most important, fully functional specs are first. That being said can you recommend the best tablet in the 400-500.00 range or even less if there is a sleeper I don't know of. Anyhow, suggestions are very welcome. I do want GPS and compass BTW and i believe that means its gonna have to be cellular. Thanks!

Last edited:
Need more info. What RC and aircraft?

I use an older I believe A few years old large I pad with my drone You simply buy the desired length of cord to your iPad download the app and your there I have Zero experience with android But if it can run the Dji fly app then its pretty much the same procedure. ( no need to switch to apple if you don't want too ) A pad a year or two older than new can probably be had for your price range and will work fine I believe I am using an iPad 10 or 11 large as long as the fly app is compatible with that model you are good to go. Those crystal Sky monitors are pricey but once you see one in action, very nice indeed ! but no Im still afraid of the price myself.

I use an older I believe A few years old large I pad with my drone You simply buy the desired length of cord to your iPad download the app and your there I have Zero experience with android But if it can run the Dji fly app then its pretty much the same procedure. ( no need to switch to apple if you don't want too ) A pad a year or two older than new can probably be had for your price range and will work fine I believe I am using an iPad 10 or 11 large as long as the fly app is compatible with that model you are good to go. Those crystal Sky monitors are pricey but once you see one in action, very nice indeed ! but no Im still afraid of the price myself.
If you want cheap that works well with both GO4 and FLY apps: take a look at the HUAWEI android media pads. I've been using their mediapad T5 for about 4 years now. 10.5" screen. Buy the PGYTECH tablet support which has a base the right size to clip into the RC1A and RC-N1 phone rebate. Just make sure it has 64gig internal storage otherwise it'll struggle having both control apps loaded into it. A 10" USB C to micro USB OTG cable is perfect.

Hello all, I am finally wanting to move up from a phone to a tablet. Im using DJI Fly for Air 2s with RC-N1. I'm a 20 year Android user but I am open to whatever works here. Even Apple products but id love to stay w/android. ...That being said can you recommend the best tablet in the 400-500.00 range or even less if there is a sleeper I don't know of. Anyhow, suggestions are very welcome.
If you want the best Android tablet, look at the Huawei, M3, M5 or M6.
But plenty of other tablets work just fine.
You'll find many of them here:
The numbers in the blue column indicates DJI Fly users recommending that tablet.
I do want GPS and compass BTW and i believe that means its gonna have to be cellular. Thanks!
Ipads don't have GPS unless you buy a cellular version.
But almost all Android tablets have GPS.
Most tablets of any kind have a compass.

Reactions: hiflyer201
I love Huawei, but the problem now is they don't have Google play. So you are somewhat limited if you want to do other things with it. But for only Fly it would be fine.

I love Huawei, but the problem now is they don't have Google play. So you are somewhat limited if you want to do other things with it. But for only Fly it would be fine.
Google Play works fine on my M5 and M3 without having done anything to them.
I have no problem downloading new apps.
Is the problem just on newer devices made since the ban came into effect?
i-wfvZVkK-M.jpg

But if there was an issue, Google brings up lots of suggestions for getting the Play Store to work on Huawei devices.
i-rFjnVRz-M.jpg

If you want the best Android tablet, look at the Huawei, M3, M5 or M6.
But plenty of other tablets work just fine.
You'll find many of them here:
The numbers in the blue column indicates DJI Fly users recommending that tablet.

Ipads don't have GPS unless you buy a cellular version.
But almost all Android tablets have GPS.
Most tablets of any kind have a compass.
So if let's say I buy a Huawei Mate pad M5 128gb wifi only it's gonna have GPS and compass most likely? I mean I know I need to dig deep I to specs

Reactions: hiflyer201
If you want cheap that works well with both GO4 and FLY apps: take a look at the HUAWEI android media pads. I've been using their mediapad T5 for about 4 years now. 10.5" screen. Buy the PGYTECH tablet support which has a base the right size to clip into the RC1A and RC-N1 phone rebate. Just make sure it has 64gig internal storage otherwise it'll struggle having both control apps loaded into it. A 10" USB C to micro USB OTG cable is perfect.
I found an M5 128gb wifi. So tell me do these particular tabs with only wifi have compass and GPS or do I need look for a cellular? Thing is though, what do I lose without GPS with fly app? Like the follow me mode and updated home point?

Hello all, I am finally wanting to move up from a phone to a tablet. Im using DJI Fly for Air 2s with RC-N1. I'm a 20 year Android user but I am open to whatever works here. Even Apple products but id love to stay w/android. I am aware of the Tripletek and Crystal Sky tabs and I'm simply not gonna spend that much right now. Brightness isn't necessarily the most important, fully functional specs are first. That being said can you recommend the best tablet in the 400-500.00 range or even less if there is a sleeper I don't know of. Anyhow, suggestions are very welcome. I do want GPS and compass BTW and i believe that means its gonna have to be cellular. Thanks!
I've been very pleased with this one. Compass and GPS included. Cellular service not required. You'll need a longer cable to connect to the controller and a holder. The Mavmount is the top of the heap for holders. There's a similar model tablet if you prefer a smaller device.

Reactions: To Be Mavic
I have been using the iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (5TH generation) and all though I love the big screen, it's pretty heavy. If I had known this in the beginning, I would have went with the 10.2-inch again when I upgraded.Live and learn.

Reactions: To Be Mavic
Google Play works fine on my M5 and M3 without having done anything to them.
I have no problem downloading new apps.
Is the problem just on newer devices made since the ban came into effect?
Yes, newer Huawei devices does not have Google. I have the P30 phone, it has Google, but the newer P40 does not.

I've been very pleased with this one. Compass and GPS included. Cellular service not required. You'll need a longer cable to connect to the controller and a holder. The Mavmount is the top of the heap for holders. There's a similar model tablet if you prefer a smaller device.

OK but for whatever reason it's not showing all the specs on Amazon anyway. Is it 4gb RAM and 64 bit. I see the one you linked is 32 gig. I would probably grab the 64 at least but I guess my questions for you are, have you used it quite a bit with fly app and no issues. eg. freezes or loss of transmission at long distance? Brightness is nice and I have to wonder at this price is it respectable anyway? Tha KS a bunch for any input. I definitely appreciate all you folks

Reactions: Frank Dracman
The Samsung Galaxy Tab Active3 when it goes on sale is under 500 easily and what I use for my drone tablet. Available as wifi only or wifi+LTE, 64gb or 128gb storage, and 4gb ram. Samsung will support os updates to it up to android 15 since it's an enterprise level device.

Why don’t you get the new DJIRC controller with the screen on it and use your phone as the cell service that’s only $309

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne