DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Overheating vs NITS

So I recently purchased a "new to me" Air 2S and have been doing a lot of reading about using a tablet and the fly app together. I only own Android devices but I'm not against trying iOS. From what I've read, it appears that some iOS devices seem to have issues with overheating in the sunlight depending on temperature but I don't recall reading where Android has that issue unless I've just missed that. Also there are many iOS tablets that have higher NITS than Android. Most Mini, iPod and iPod Air have about 500 and Pro has 600 while the new 12.9" has 1000 but that's a huge tablet. I also know about the Tab Active 3 listed at 700 and Tripltek has1200. The current phone I am using has a 6.8" screen. Good size for a phone but I would still like something larger. The Tab Active 3, Tripltek and even the DJI RC are not worth the money to me as they are not much larger than my phone. I have never tried using a tablet in the sun with or without a sun hood so I have no idea how well that would work. I also have no idea how much difference 450 NITS has vs 600 NITS in the real world. I don't know if I should risk getting the iOS with possible overheating issues or getting an Android that doesn't get as bright. It appears DJI prefers iOS over Android based on their approved tablets list but I am hoping to get a little insight from those that have real life experience using tablets. My eyes are not what they used to be and I believe something larger would be beneficial. Appreciate any input. Thanks
V71 Pro Android 11 - 2600 Nits - Brightest tablet on the market. look at the specs at www.eagleviewaerials.com It's unbelievable but truly a super tablet.

Attachments

• Tablet in Sun.jpg
    Tablet in Sun.jpg
    901.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Tablet in the Grass.jpg
    Tablet in the Grass.jpg
    608.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Landing Pad.jpg
    Landing Pad.jpg
    953.6 KB · Views: 2
The only devices will not dim are the Tripltek tablets. They are the brightest of all and they will never dim under any conditions. All the others smartphones including the Samsung phones will last the same than the iphones , between 3 and 5 minutes.
Your Tripletek is NOT the only thing that won't fade, the Feelworld Monitors will stay bright as well and although not a tablet, are lighter and cheaper than your Tripltek.

I agree that the TripleTek tablets are the brightest available and won’t overheat, but they are still not bright enough. Mine measures 900 nits and not the 1200 advertised by TriplTek. I believe for full sunlight I need 2500 nits of luminance.
If you just want to see a larger and brighter screen of what your camera is showing then get the Feelworld monitor, it is a real 2,200NITS. Most of us don't need a tablet/computer because our controller is handling all that. Most of us just want to see a larger and brighter screen and that is what a monitor does for you. You do all your controls on your controller device and if you have something like a Feelworld monitor screen showing everything larger and brighter, that helps you to click your controller to do what ever changes you are needing to do, because you can choose to have the Feelword monitor give you a mirror image of your controller screen if you have, for example, a Smart Controller.

If you just want to see a larger and brighter screen of what your camera is showing then get the Feelworld monitor, it is a real 2,200NITS. Most of us don't need a tablet/computer because our controller is handling all that. Most of us just want to see a larger and brighter screen and that is what a monitor does for you. You do all your controls on your controller device and if you have something like a Feelworld monitor screen showing everything larger and brighter, that helps you to click your controller to do what ever changes you are needing to do, because you can choose to have the Feelword monitor give you a mirror image of your controller screen if you have, for example, a Smart Controller.
I'm sorry but the brightest tablet available is a 2600 Nit Eagle View Aerial V71 Pro made by Hugerock in the same area as all the other big guys. I'm the only dealer in the US and I'm in Carlisle, Pa. I can't say it will never happen but NO ONE has reported any overheating of the V71 Pro. 10,000 mAh battery which lasts forever and a day and again NO ONE has reported any overheating including me. I use one and fly an Air 2S and it handles bright sunlight like you were standing under a shade tree. You can see stats on this military grade unit that is virtually indestructible at HOME | Eagle View Aerials. Visit my Facebook page Eagle View Aerials and if you have questions I'm always available. If you mention being a member here and I verify it I'll give you $25 discount. There is a smaller unit available the X71 which is 1000 nits very good as well. Prices beat all the competition.

Please note that to use an external monitor your controller must have an HDMI output. Many controllers do not have it.

Precisely why I stated that you need a Smart Controller and have always stated it connects via the HDMI. If you don't have an HGMI port, you can't use it.
I’m sorry but no where did I read in your comments you state “you need a Smart Controller. Therefore I wanted to point that out.

However, the OP now knows.
Thanks for the clarification.

I’m sorry but no where did I read in your comments you state “you need a Smart Controller. Therefore I wanted to point that out.

However, the OP now knows.
Thanks for the clarification.
If you go back to my original post back in February 2023 on this thread, you will see that I stated the following, in my first few sentences:

Quote...
" have a Mavic 2 Pro and I bought the Smart Controller for it. You can get used ones at a reasonable price now. That screen is 1,000Nits and, by the way, is an android device, from DJI!!!

I added a large monitor to this system because it has an HDMI out. I bought the 7 inch Feelworld monitor, which has an HDMI in port. "

I'm sorry but the brightest tablet available is a 2600 Nit Eagle View Aerial V71 Pro made by Hugerock in the same area as all the other big guys. I'm the only dealer in the US and I'm in Carlisle, Pa. I can't say it will never happen but NO ONE has reported any overheating of the V71 Pro. 10,000 mAh battery which lasts forever and a day and again NO ONE has reported any overheating including me. I use one and fly an Air 2S and it handles bright sunlight like you were standing under a shade tree. You can see stats on this military grade unit that is virtually indestructible at HOME | Eagle View Aerials. Visit my Facebook page Eagle View Aerials and if you have questions I'm always available. If you mention being a member here and I verify it I'll give you $25 discount. There is a smaller unit available the X71 which is 1000 nits very good as well. Prices beat all the competition.
2,200NITS is more than adequate for a bright monitor. Your 2,600 NITS is nice but how much does it cost? The FeelWorld is only $235 new, if yours is close then great. If it is way more expensive, then it really does not compare for value for money though. So how much is your monitor?

The only devices will not dim are the Tripltek tablets. They are the brightest of all and they will never dim under any conditions. All the others smartphones including the Samsung phones will last the same than the iphones , between 3 and 5 minutes.
They most definitely are not the brightest of all, plus they are heavy and expensive.

They most definitely are not the brightest of all, plus they are heavy and expensive.
Platoon The Eagle View V71 Pro is less expensive and the brightest of all of the units you're discussing. They also will not dim unless you lower the brightness. The sustainability of these units is phenomenal with a 10000 mAh battery. The normal operation range is at 30% which is more than ample to provide a glareless picture to fly by. That being said the heat factor is a lot less. We can all have favorites there's no doubt you just choose what you like best and that's the one that will work best for you. Some people prefer Fords and others prefer Chevy's.

Platoon The Eagle View V71 Pro is less expensive and the brightest of all of the units you're discussing. They also will not dim unless you lower the brightness. The sustainability of these units is phenomenal with a 10000 mAh battery. The normal operation range is at 30% which is more than ample to provide a glareless picture to fly by. That being said the heat factor is a lot less. We can all have favorites there's no doubt you just choose what you like best and that's the one that will work best for you. Some people prefer Fords and others prefer Chevy's.
Oh, that's interesting. So, a 7 inch Feelworld monitor with 2,200NITS like mine cost $235. You say your monitor is cheaper than that, Please tell me how much such a monitor is and what size it is.

I just took a look on your website and the lowest price monitor I found was $500 ($499) and you currently have a sale reducing the price down to $400 ($399) after your sale period, the price will be back up to your regular $500, I am assuming. But this monitor is nowhere near your stated 2,600NITS. Your cheapest monitor only has 1000NITS. If you want to go brighter than your more expensive but lower NITS basic model, you have to pay $650 for your next brightest monitor, which is just under 280% more expensive than a Feelworld monitor.

You stated in your response above that your monitors are cheaper and brighter than the ones we have been discussing! Your regular price is hundreds of dollars more than the Feelworld. I think you should be more accurate in what you are telling the members here. Comparing regular pricing of monitors, the Feelworld was $235 and your regular price is $650 for a higher than 1,000NITS model and that is nowhere near the same price, let alone cheaper, as a Feelworld. Please explain why you are trying to tell us that it is. Your statements are very misleading.

Last edited:
I just took a look on your website and the lowest price monitor I found was $500 ($499) and you currently have a sale reducing the price down to $400 ($399) after your sale period, the price will be back up to your regular $500, I am assuming. But this monitor is nowhere near your stated 2,600NITS. Your cheapest monitor only has 1000NITS. If you want to go brighter than your more expensive but lower NITS basic model, you have to pay $650 for your next brightest monitor, which is just under 280% more expensive than a Feelworld monitor.

You stated in your response above that your monitors are cheaper and brighter than the ones we have been discussing! Your regular price is hundreds of dollars more than the Feelworld. I think you should be more accurate in what you are telling the members here. Comparing regular pricing of monitors, the Feelworld was $235 and your regular price is $650 for a higher than 1,000NITS model and that is nowhere near the same price, let alone cheaper, as a Feelworld. Please explain why you are trying to tell us that it is. Your statements are very misleading.
I'm sorry if I offended you and I have no desire to diminish the unit you are happy with. That would be foolish. I do wish to point out that even though the Freeworld is cheaper which is great, I never heard of it. There are many units out there to choose from that are highly popular and are much more expensive than mine. Many drone operators use a great unit from Tripltek which is fine but much more expensive than a V71 and they are lower in brightness capability. It seems that you want to argue and I'm not into that. I sell a very good unit that is very high in brightness, it's a phone, GPS, now Android 13, and an all-around good unit that's military-grade construction. All that said I'm not going to continue with someone who only wants to bully his way to some sort of win. I give and you win. You can pick up your blue ribbon at the front counter. Congratulations!!

I'm sorry if I offended you and I have no desire to diminish the unit you are happy with. That would be foolish. I do wish to point out that even though the Freeworld is cheaper which is great, I never heard of it. There are many units out there to choose from that are highly popular and are much more expensive than mine. Many drone operators use a great unit from Tripltek which is fine but much more expensive than a V71 and they are lower in brightness capability. It seems that you want to argue and I'm not into that. I sell a very good unit that is very high in brightness, it's a phone, GPS, now Android 13, and an all-around good unit that's military-grade construction. All that said I'm not going to continue with someone who only wants to bully his way to some sort of win. I give and you win. You can pick up your blue ribbon at the front counter. Congratulations!!
I'm not offended in the slightest, you may misunderstand. The Feelworld brand monitor is a well know one, in Photography and video markets. It is widely used as a monitor for outdoor shoots, because it is so bright and the screen can be seen in outdoor locations, showing others in the crew, what the photographer or videographer is shooting/framing etc.

Your product looks very nice too and touts its ruggedness and at 2,600NITS, is extremely bright. What I was not happy with, was the fact that you were telling me and all others reading, that yours was brighter and cheaper and the base model you were pointing out for us to look at, was neither lower priced nor brighter.

I'm always happy to look at other options, because new gear is always being released. All I want to see is truth in what is being said. Stating that the model you suggested was brighter than all the others that were being discussed, was a gross inaccuracy and misleading. Your base model was only 1,000NITS and the regular price was a dollar short of $500.

I also understand that the Tripltek and your unit are not just monitors, but also a sort of computer as well, that you can load software onto. You state that yours is a phone and a GPS, which is great, if someone needs those things. However, most people already own a phone which does those things. From what I read, most people are not so much in need of another computer, GPS or phone duplication, but rather a monitor that is brighter and larger than their phones, or brighter than their tablets, to see what their drone camera is showing. Feelworld brand monitors offer that as an affordable option compared to anything else out there, as a monitor, that is.

I'm not trying to argue with you at all, I'm just pointing out that what you were trying to tell us about your monitor was not truthful. It is as simple as that. By all means, let us know about your product, we appreciate that, just be honest when you tell us about it. That's all my issue was. I hope you understand that. At a whopping 2,600NITS that is extremely bright for your top model and possibly the brightest I've seen advertised. At $650 I just wish I could afford one. I appreciate you letting us know about your products.

Last edited:
Don't believe TripleTek's brightness claim. I measured mine with professional metrology equipment to be no more than 800 nits. It is a fine product in every other way, but nowhere near as bright as they claim. I haven't had the opportunity to measure a Freeworld product.

Don't believe TripleTek's brightness claim. I measured mine with professional metrology equipment to be no more than 800 nits. It is a fine product in every other way, but nowhere near as bright as they claim. I haven't had the opportunity to measure a Freeworld product.
Good to know, thanks for that comment.

Reactions: masterangler
Good to know, thanks for that comment.
I know that no one is aware of a couple of things concerning the V71 Pro tablet available from Eagle View Aerials. #1 It's not as expensive as most of the TT tablets. 2. It's more expensive than the Freeworld. 3. It's THE BRIGHTEST available on the market running continuously between 2200 - 2600 Nits. 4. It does not overheat and it does not dim. 5. It has a 10000 mAh battery. 6. It's heavy weighing in at about 1.5 lbs. 7. It is running Android 11 but I can update it to Android 13 or give you the material to do it yourself. 8. It is virtually indestructible. 9. It's a phone and GPS and runs any app that I have tried. I run Litchi most of the time. 10. It has a little brother, the X71 1000 Nit unit that I am going to keep at $399 and is the same as it's big brother except for the Nit factor and battery. I can give you dozens of names of owners who will swear by these units. Both units are made in the same place as TT. I have a video on YouTube made in the bright sunlight and it's on here as well. I sell them both from Carlisle, Pennsylvania. I am retired Air Force and have been selling them for a little over a year. If I've provided any information that isn't correct, I apologize; it's completely unintentional. The 2600 Nit unit is on sale at this time for $600 and will stay that way till I reorder. If my cost stays the same so will that price. All tech specs are available at www.eagleviewaerials.com Feel free to ask questions here or message me on Facebook or email me at [email protected] On January 8th, 2024 I will be appearing on Capt Ray Kelly's podcast on YouTube at 6 PM showing and discussing both of these incredible tablets. Join me there. I also provide FREE of charge a mounting system for the tablet that is valued at $120. Part 107 Flying Mini 3 Pro, Mavic Air2S, Mavic 3 Pro

Last edited:
I use the Feelworld LUT11 (mounted to a tripod) which is rated at 2000 nits. In the desert sun, the glossy screen face leaves a bit to be desired I'm afraid (sunhood is still a requirement imo). I do like that it's simply a monitor and doesn't have the tablet fluff, but that's personal preference. It also uses regular sony 970 camera batteries which are fairly inexpensive. I have yet to have it dim or turn off, even in 100+ degree heat in Arizona.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas