DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Someone please tell me why my Spark pictures look better than my Mavic Air pictures.

Cwarndt77

Reactions
org_c52cd6a904cdd32a_1533591380000.jpg org_b4549623e5509095_1533592496000.jpg I bought a Mavic Air last week after flying a Spark for a while. I expected the pictures to be about the same on the two drones being that they are both 12 MP cameras. I can't get the same quality out of the Air as I am out of the Spark. I'm attaching a couple of pictures taken within minutes of each other this afternoon. The Spark picture attached first seems to be more in focus than the Mavic picture attached second. Both cameras were set to auto for the pictures. I'm a little disappointed because I assumed that the Mavic being more expensive would at least have the same quality pictures as the Spark.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I find the Air to be better quality than the Spark. The color differences are from the additional options on the Air. The Spark puts out a pretty saturated image as most won't be editing it. As far as the focus, are all the pics from the Air like this? If so, you may have a camera issue.

Reactions: dirkclod
Yes all the pictures I've taken from the air seem to be this way. Here are two more taken yesterday afternoon for comparison. Again the first is the Spark and the second is the Air. If you zoom in on the pictures you can see that the signs in front of the house are somewhat ledgable in the Spark picture and not at all in the Mavic picture the same with the stop lights and other small details. The Spark pictures are just way detailed and clear than the Mavic pictures. I would think that the cameras being in auto mode and being the same brand that they would have the same clearity. I think I will be returning the Mavic Air to Best Buy this evening and getting another one .org_4ab8a22b25dd083c_1533591406000.jpg org_2f2881441bfd3ce1_1533592522000.jpg

You seem to be seeing what I do on my Air. I found that I needed to adjust my exposure (I think that was it). Basically I was getting way to much light and it was "washing" the image. Took a bit of adjustment but I was able to correct it.

You seem to be seeing what I do on my Air. I found that I needed to adjust my exposure (I think that was it). Basically I was getting way to much light and it was "washing" the image. Took a bit of adjustment but I was able to correct it.

Ok so do you have any suggestions on where I should start settings wise. I'm new to this so take it easy on me. Lol.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98