DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Someone shot at my drone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Federal Law protects aircraft from such acts...we are required to register our drones with the FAA, are we not also protected...just asking

We are protected somewhat. What I meant in my previous post is whether his particular county/city has their own rules against a person using a firearm to shoot a drone. Countryside? Probably allowed. Within City Jurisdiction? Probably not.
But if it’s not on video, then it’s really one word against the other. If a fires round ends up injuring or killing someone then that person is screwed and will be charged with negligence or a higher charge.

Unless one is bird hunting, no pun intended, then one should never shoot into the air. Just the way I was brought up.

Reactions: Classic flyer
OK guy's I said earlier we were not going to make this firearm related .
I have deleted the last 3 post because of it and will resort to what I also posted in post #14 if it continues .

It's the guys 2nd Amendment Right to shoot at your drone. Don't chip away at our beloved amendment. :))

Reactions: Chun
I’m not going to do anything about it. If he decides to go drone hunting then things might change but he gets a pass on it this time. I didn’t want to start a debate on the 2nd amendment because I am gun owner also. I don’t want any of my rights infringed on, but I don’t want my drone shot down either. Now that he knows who it belongs to, I don’t think it will happen again. And yes I will be avoiding his house just to be nice.

I’m not going to do anything about it. If he decides to go drone hunting then things might change but he gets a pass on it this time. I didn’t want to start a debate on the 2nd amendment because I am gun owner also. I don’t want any of my rights infringed on, but I don’t want my drone shot down either. Now that he knows who it belongs to, I don’t think it will happen again. And yes I will be avoiding his house just to be nice.
I hope this will be an end to your neighbor problem, it's good to be nice:)Thumbswayup

It's the guys 2nd Amendment Right to shoot at your drone. Don't chip away at our beloved amendment. :))
No, it isn’t. The 2nd Amendment doesn’t give you the right to shoot at someone’s property for no good reason. The drone wasn’t threatening his life or safety.

OK guys/Gals this isn't going to go into a 2nd Amendment debate whether it concerns a drone or not .
@maelledge I agree with your last post and believe we will leave this at that before I have to do anymore Moderation in this thread .Good luck where you are and just be aware .
Now I am going to do what I said earlier if this continued folks .

Unknown-1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S