DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Something new happened to me yesterday

rwilliam99

Reactions
I flew my drone yesterday on a hike. When I got home I wanted to download the flight log and when I enabled wifi on my RC controller, I got a message saying "your login is about to expire" (not that it had expired). Since it no longer syncs my flight logs, I don't typically enable wifi very often anymore on the RC. I didn't think too much about it until I went to download my flight log from yesterday. It didn't exist - I flew on the 14th and have a flight log from that flight, however.

I did some searching and it kind of looks like if your login has expired it won't record a flight log? It seems odd timing because I have had issues in the past when I hadn't logged in before I went out I couldn't fly higher than 50'. Yesterday it flew totally normally - I guess my login could have expired right before I started flying but it seems odd.

What am I missing - does anyone have a definitive explanation for why I got no flight log for yesterday's flight? I haven't been able to find a definitive reason in my searching and reading.

Thanks

I didn't think too much about it until I went to download my flight log from yesterday. It didn't exist - I flew on the 14th and have a flight log from that flight, however.
Have you looked in this folder in your controller?
Android\data\dji.go.v5\files\FlightRecord

That's where the flight logs are stored.

Have you looked in this folder in your controller?
Android\data\dji.go.v5\files\FlightRecord

That's where the flight logs are stored.
Yes. When you plug in the RC to the computer it appears as a device. The path you show above has pretty much all of my flight records up until 5/18/2024. On the "Internal shared storage" is where later flight records are, including the one from 10/14/2024. The MCDatFlightRecords folder also has a .DAT file from the 10/14 flight, but nothing from 10/19.

The internal shared storage is where I've been retrieving all my flight logs from since DJI quit auto syncing them.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agent-01