DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sometime I connect & sometimes I don't

RickC

Reactions
I am a new Mavic Pro pilot, having just jumped ship from 3DR solo birds.

Anyways, using a stock rig with a Galaxy Note 8, sometimes I can connect to DJI GO and sometimes I cannot.
I can still fly via the controller, but, it would be nice to be able to connect to the phone/tablet on a routine basis and not have to worry about it.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

My routine that works 99% of the time...

Make sure the Go app is not in the phone's memory (shut down all apps). Turn on the controller. Turn on the Mavic. Once they connect, connect the display device to the controller (plug it in).

Different cable? I have tried connecting to both the left side micro-usb jack, and the standard size usb jack below. Does not seem to make a difference. [why are there two connections, are they different?"]

Different cable? I have tried connecting to both the left side micro-usb jack, and the standard size usb jack below. Does not seem to make a difference. [why are there two connections, are they different?"]
Rick I had the same problem when i fist got mine. No matter what I did seemed not to work.... tried new cables, tried re installing the app etc etc.

ONLY this that worked for me is I switched to IOS ipad.....

IM NOT saying on system is better than the other im just stating when I hooked up my ipad I never had issues again.

When I hook up my galaxy it still has the same issues.

I have an s8 plus. The usb jack is Very finicky. Any slight pressure on it when in controller makes app not connect but it still shows charging on the S8+ making me think it's connected fine at cable. Annoying.
However at times I keep getting similar odd issues where it says drone disconnected wirelessly and on occasion the drone has done RTH due to signal loss. When this happens over and over I put phone in airplane mode and then it's flawless connection. Sometimes I turn off wifi only and that seems to work too. The odd part is that it doesn't happen all the time, I only see it about every 6-8 weeks firmware update issues? :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexxorellana