DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sore Thumb

bkushner

Reactions
I searched but didn't find anything. I'm getting a real sore thumb from mashing the throttle joystick on my Air 2S....Is there any options out there to pad the sticks?

Change your grip. I hold the sticks between thumb and forefinger rather than placing my thumb on the top of the stick. This is finer control and has the added benefit of not ripping your thumb pads to shreds.

I sent an email to see if they make for the Air 2S Controller. Thanks
I did take a set I had off of one of these
BE29F498-386C-4875-86E1-D6451EDBE1E1.jpeg And tryed them with my first MP and just didn’t suit me so took em off. But they did work great with my phantoms as yo see I had them on all three.
Now before I found them I used those pencil slip ons cut to size
and they worked fine
9D85A3DC-B570-4567-BFBE-3E5460ACF3C1.jpeg

Reactions: bkushner
Bandaid a pad to your thumb... ;)
The tension on the sticks force you to use a bit of pressure but maybe you could practice moving the sticks when not connected until you "muscle memory " train your thumbs to ease up a little. I always video the entire flight and hand catch. I've seen my left thumb many times in the last frames...always a big indent. Yikes! no wonder these controllers need to be calibrated.

Change your grip. I hold the sticks between thumb and forefinger rather than placing my thumb on the top of the stick. This is finer control and has the added benefit of not ripping your thumb pads to shreds.
It took me a couple of weeks to get used to flying with my fingers this way but I will never go back to the thumb only to control it. This is the best method to use but if you had been flying for a couple of years with your thumbs only it takes a little bit to get used to.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett