DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sound Levels MP2

I read a DJI thing where it claims the quietest yet but now I cannot find it.

I read a DJI thing where it claims the quietest yet but now I cannot find it.
I watched every new video since the release. One of the videos they took a decibel reading and it was about three decibels louder

Reactions: Phoenix Drone
During iPhonedo’s review he mentions the 2 is quieter than the 1, but not as quiet as the MPP, he uses a dB reader and 2 is around 78db and MPP is around 75, so 3 dB as someone already mentioned is probably fairly accurate. Although as people have mentioned, the pitch/frequency is probably more important rather than than just looking at dB alone. You can see it around the 5 minute make here:

2 is around 78db and MPP is around 75, so 3 dB as someone already mentioned is probably fairly accurate. Although as people have mentioned, the pitch/frequency is probably more important rather than than just looking at dB alone

BS. If your fiance talks twice as louder and you and she has a marvellous fairy voice, chances are she will be equally twice as annoying.

3 dB SPL is twice as much sound pressure. The pitch sounds the same as the platinum, so it's 2x louder.
Not as annoying as a Mavic Air ("swarm of angry bees"), but still it's louder.

One good reason to keep the MPP and wait for a... M2ZP (or M2PP, whatever).

Reactions: Paul2660
I'm an audiophile nut and have done frequency RTA analysis on previous drones. Unfortunately I do not have access to all the drones we are mentioning. I own the P3P and the MA. The MA is alot quieter than the P3P but it does lose two octaves of frequency making it appear to be buzzy but overall it is on every front quieter. I have data to show that in a previous thread.

I'll at least compare the P3P to the MP2 and to my MA. Right now you can hear the MA at 400' up pretty decent to know it's there (in a quiet outdoor area). The P3P is just very loud of course.

I hope that the MP2 is at least quiet enough to not be as noticable.

Mavic 2 has a lower pitch sound. I find it very quiet, just like the Mavic Pro was with platinum propellers.

Great. Confirmed that M2 is a step backwards as far as loudness and tone is concerned but at least not 3dBs louder.

Reactions: Phoenix Drone
I've been flying my MP for about two years and I just got my new M2P two days ago. I haven't done any db tests yet, but I can tell you it is much quieter. At 25 feet AGL you can hardly hear it. Very impressed! A dream machine!!

Reactions: fleurdelisxliv
I've been flying my MP for about two years and I just got my new M2P two days ago. I haven't done any db tests yet, but I can tell you it is much quieter. At 25 feet AGL you can hardly hear it. Very impressed! A dream machine!!

That's odd. I hear mine several hundred feet up. It is definitely noisier than my MPP was, although the pitch is a little lower.

Great. Confirmed that M2 is a step backwards as far as loudness and tone is concerned but at least not 3dBs louder.

Cld it be that bc the m2 is 190g heavier than the mpp? Maybe bc the blades are longer also? Legit questions bc i have no idea lol cld be that they use the same power plant but the mp2 is turned up a lil to make up for the weight diff? Cld be a step foward if its more powerful and the db lvls are the around the same. Im just guessing bc ima noob and still havent flown mine yet. Not gona lie its kinda scary lmao

To clear this debate once and for all

Fail. He should of flown at exact distances and had the meter on a tripod. That tells you nothing. Even inches closer at that closeness makes a huge difference in actual dB levels.

And no frequency charts..... fail.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman