DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Source for Mavic 2 gimbal mount screws

tleedom

Reactions
Thunderdrones is out and the response on the Dji forum was "DJI doesn't sell screws or internal parts as we don't recommend our valued customers to modify or fix their drone". Anyone know a source for the screws the retain the M2 gimbal assembly?

Thanks

hi, same question here. it seems like a very annoying thing. does anybody at least know exact dimensions of those bolts - it should be 5 of them, i think?

so, as i really need it asap, the only item i found so far was this:

and it looks like an assortment of small tiny screws, so, i can only hope that dji did not use unique parts on mavic 2 and some of those will match gimbal assembly. will see.

Last edited:
Well when I asked Rob at TD he said he had tried everything he had and nothing that matched. I went to a local drone shop that works on all makes of drones. We went thru his box of old screws and found 3 screws that worked but they were phillips head type (didn't matter for replacement parts though).

We couldn't identify which make or model aircraft they came from, sorry.

let me know what you find.

a spare body i got for $650 is here and i started going over my collection of bolts and screws. so far no luck. the seller of the body - from ebay - says he does not have it - the gimbal sellers also do not have it. quite a conspiracy all around, i would say. :)
dji package with dji air repair set did not arrive yet. i hoped that small bolts from runcam split mini will fit - nope.

a spare body i got for $650 is here and i started going over my collection of bolts and screws. so far no luck. the seller of the body - from ebay - says he does not have it - the gimbal sellers also do not have it. quite a conspiracy all around, i would say. :)
dji package with dji air repair set did not arrive yet. i hoped that small bolts from runcam split mini will fit - nope.

Yep, the bodies and the gimbals ship without screws. you need to find a crashed one or start digging through spares at drone or camera repair shops. If you do find a source they will be worth some money.

visually all those bolts - and those that hold the cable protection panel do fit, btw - again, visually they are M1x5. but, i have such bolts, and they do not go into thread. dunno why, i am quite sure those i have a metric, so, may be i mislabeled them. will wait till tomorrow for dji pack to arrive. quite an annoying thing...

so, just as an update - that pack i ordered had matching bolts in it, sorta.
it had 3 bolts that looked like M1x4 - shorter than one we would need, but they worked.

it also has 7 M1x3 bolts - very short, but they worked on the plastic cover bracket that is not going to move much. so, all in all, i used 4 bolts from there, for $13. not ideal, but, as i wanted spare body for the weekend - it worked out as expected and i am happy.

Thanks
so, just as an update - that pack i ordered had matching bolts in it, sorta.
it had 3 bolts that looked like M1x4 - shorter than one we would need, but they worked.

it also has 7 M1x3 bolts - very short, but they worked on the plastic cover bracket that is not going to move much. so, all in all, i used 4 bolts from there, for $13. not ideal, but, as i wanted spare body for the weekend - it worked out as expected and i am happy.

Thanks for the update; without your trying it I would have been screwed so to speak. Waiting for mine to come in from Amazon on Tuesday.

-Lee

Here's an update: I assembled everything however I lost two screw into the body of the quad copter. Is there some where I can find out about disassembly and reassembly of the Mavic 2 to rescue the screws? Either that or perhaps blow-up of the assembly? As a word of advice, it's a good idea to place some masking tape over the holes below the gimbal while installing.

I had the same thing happen with one screw. Luckily I turned it up and lightly shook it and the screw came out. their are some tear down videos on youtube.

try to use magnetic screwdriver to fish it out somehow. dunno what else to say here, it is not something that can be allowed to happen. bolts do not need tape, a small drop of a usual blue loctite is enough.

Thunderdrones is out and the response on the Dji forum was "DJI doesn't sell screws or internal parts as we don't recommend our valued customers to modify or fix their drone". Anyone know a source for the screws the retain the M2 gimbal assembly?

Thanks
I have a few laying around. How many you need?

Reactions: tleedom and BigAl07
I'm good with that, so $4 + how much shipping?

try to use magnetic screwdriver to fish it out somehow. dunno what else to say here, it is not something that can be allowed to happen. bolts do not need tape, a small drop of a usual blue loctite is enough.

That's what I figured. Will need to stop by the hardware store to get one. I guess it's grounded till then. I thought of stopping by a hobby store to see if the might have the correct screws.

FWIW, the tape wasn't for the screws but to cover the holes they might fall into.

I had the same thing happen with one screw. Luckily I turned it up and lightly shook it and the screw came out. their are some tear down videos on youtube.
Looked at the tear down videos... uh, no. Not going to happen.

See the below page for some good photos...

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming