DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Spare props, prop guards and maximum mobile phone size

jarnie

Reactions
After considering very carefully purchasing an AIR 1 (due to excellent reduced prices at present due to clearance of the old model) for some time I have now decided to spend more and get the AIR2.

I have started researching youtube videos and wondered about the following -

There doesn't seem to be prop guards with either the 'standalone' or the flymore combo. As a relatively new drone user (I have a cheap toy grade drone) that worries me BUT I cannot find anywhere they might be available even as an 'after market' item.

Spare props. I can only find listed on Ebay NON genuine props listed (and I have read bad comments about non genuine props) and could not find them listed on the DJI web site. Where are they available from?

Lastly the manual (I pre-downloaded it to read) states the maximum size for mobile/cell phone at 180x86x10mm.
I could see in videos that there appears to be no restrictions on the width unlike the AIR1 which holds the phone by the sides BUT is the width really restricted to a maximum of 86mm as the part which holds the top of the phone appears to pull out (to allow the phoen to be inserted) a lot more than the phone which was used. I was just wondering if a small tablet (7" or 8") might fit.

Thanks
John

Last edited:
Lastly the manual (I pre-downloaded it to read) states the maximum size for mobile/cell phone at 180x86x10mm.
I could see in videos that there appears to be no restrictions on the width unlike the AIR1 which holds the phone by the sides BUT is the width really restricted to a maximum of 86mm as the part which holds the top of the phone appears to pull out (to allow the phoen to be inserted) a lot more than the phone which was used. I was just wondering if a small tablet (7" or 8") might fit.

I measured the space in the controller. 86mm is pretty much the full limit of how wide you can open the phone slot.

Thanks for all your replies.
I guess if I was enthusiastic I could make something out of wood which would hold the RC and a small tablet. MY eyes are aging and prefer a screen larger than a mobile phone. Maybe I will try the phone first as that seems a lot easier :).
Not sure if Best Buy will ship to Australia and will try and contact them.

I have now found the props and prop guard on the DJI web site (couldn't find it before) BUT noticed when ordering props they only list a quantity of 2 props and when adding to the online 'cart' don't ask if they are for the front or back - maybe you get one of each? I will see if I can contact them.

Thanks for all your replies.
I guess if I was enthusiastic I could make something out of wood which would hold the RC and a small tablet. MY eyes are aging and prefer a screen larger than a mobile phone. Maybe I will try the phone first as that seems a lot easier :).
Not sure if Best Buy will ship to Australia and will try and contact them.

I have now found the props and prop guard on the DJI web site (couldn't find it before) BUT noticed when ordering props they only list a quantity of 2 props and when adding to the online 'cart' don't ask if they are for the front or back - maybe you get one of each? I will see if I can contact them.

They come as a pair, so you get 1 of each.

Reactions: InvisibleName
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ