DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Speaking of Props.......

Jeff A

Well Worn Member
Reactions
I have heard discussions here about colored props. I like black, frankly, but someone mentioned different colored props on the front or back makes it easier for orientation with the Quad copter. What are your experiences with different colored props while in flight?

I have a Tracking Number from DJI for my replacement M2Z. I have yet to fly any of these! Maybe Wednesday!

Reactions: Man O War
I have heard discussions here about colored props. I like black, frankly, but someone mentioned different colored props on the front or back makes it easier for orientation with the Quad copter. What are your experiences with different colored props while in flight?

I have a Tracking Number from DJI for my replacement M2Z. I have yet to fly any of these! Maybe Wednesday!

sounds like a bloody great idea ? was under the impression that when you changed props you needed to Change all 4?

Reactions: BlackWing1800
I tried orange on the front and black on the back but they were only noticeable when close in. All orange props will make it easier to find if stuck in a tree or down in the brush.

What sort of coloured props? I assume non-OEM ones. Only 3rd party props that seems to be reliable are MAS ones. So if you are referring to really cheap ones from eBay or Alibaba, you might be able to see it falling instead of flying.

The colour of the Master Airscrew prop's is only really noticeable when the drone is within 10 to 20 metres from you. However, in that same distance and further, I can clearly see the red LED's on the front legs, and the green LED's on the rear of the fuselage of my Mavic Pro Platinum. Those LED's are of more use to tell me the orientation of my MPP.
My orange MAS prop's do make the drone easier to see on the ground however, and although I have not had to track it down after a crash or fly-away, I could imagine that the props will make it easier to see and find it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efe