DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Speed problem when not in sport mode...

sdelcegno

Reactions
I know this issue has been covered but im hoping some new advice will show up here. I have a mavic air in sport mode i can hit about 42 but ill say most times it struggles to get over 35 which i guess depends on wind. im used to my phantom 3 advanced which fights the wind much easier.

So i know speed is limited to about 20mph when OA is turned on. When i have all sensors turned off front back and below it still doesnt go above like 18mph. a couple times ive hit like 23mph but thats it. it should be able to get into the 30mph range without sport mode which is what im looking for. I have tried everything and can not get it to go faster its the same speed with OA turned on or off. does anyone have any ideas?

Visual Navigation Settings:
This is where you can control which sensors are on. It is recommended that all the sensors are kept on at all times.
Mavic-VN-Settings-1-1.jpg

Enable Obstacle Avoidance: With this setting enabled your aircraft will detect obstacles in front of it, and it will limit the max speed to 10 m/s, so the aircraft has time to break when it detects something. Obstacle avoidance may not work in low light situations (300 lux or below), and it will struggle to detect thin obstacles such as wires.

I have obstacle avoidance off. It still won't go any faster than with them on. I'm talking in normal mode not sport.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrose