DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Spent some quality time with a Mavic 2 Pro...so quiet!!

houldsworth1

Reactions
"...in comparison to any of the other drones I own (and there are plenty), it is virtually silent!

This noise reduction is partly due to FOC sinusoidal drive ESCs. I don’t know what FOC sinusoidal drive is, but I think it might be magic and I don’t think we should question it in case it stops working."

Read the whole thing here:
Mavic 2 Pro - Hands on first impressions...WOW! - Avios Aerial Media

It's not virtually silent,the noise has been measured and it's a little more than Mavic Pro platinum

All I can tell you is that stood next to it while it is flying and it is seriously quiet. And I did say "in comparison".

Watch the video. I had a lav mic on and was 3ft away.

When we sent it far away and brought it back I had a hard time locating it by sound - not something I have a problem with on my P4Pro

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
All I can tell you is that stood next to it while it is flying and it is seriously quiet. And I did say "in comparison".

Watch the video. I had a lav mic on and was 3ft away.

When we sent it far away and brought it back I had a hard time locating it by sound - not something I have a problem with on my P4Pro

Do you have an MPP to compare it to? It may be more db's, but I'm hoping the pitch of the sound may make it seem quieter

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
Do you have an MPP to compare it to? It may be more db's, but I'm hoping the pitch of the sound may make it seem quieter
You raise an excellent point. Something that both of us agreed was that there was a "softness" to the sound which made it much less annoying.

It's not virtually silent,the noise has been measured and it's a little more than Mavic Pro platinum

Yeah, I think it was iPhonedo who put a meter on it during his intro review on YouTube a couple days ago. It's relatively quiet, with a lower-pitched sound that's not as annoying, but a couple dB louder than the MPP as I recall. Borat does very entertaining video reviews, including this new one about the MP2 Pro; not surprised his channel is so popular.

The intro review video from Flyt Test confirmed that MP2 props will fit on the MP/MPP but he didn't test-fly them - they are slightly longer, but do fit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clinton1
You say you’ve tried many other drones, what about the Mavic Air? Any noticeable difference in noice between the two?

You say you’ve tried many other drones, what about the Mavic Air? Any noticeable difference in noice between the two?

I have a Mavic Air. The Pro is significantly quieter than that and, perhaps more importantly, the high pitched sound of the Air draws attention in a way that you really don't want. In fact, I think the only drone I have that is louder than the Air is my old F550 Hex!

I love the Air. The portability is amazing. But after 4 years of and thousands of flights, the Air is the only one that I have ever had someone harass me about, and it was the noise that had upset them.

I will still keep the Air though because, frankly, I don't worry about it. I will use that to get "the shot" without worrying about losing expensive equipment.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
activmonk